Quantcast
Haslinger Teaser!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslinger Teaser!

Haslinger Teaser!

Great news everyone!
    I have been talking with Thomas Haslinger - for the past week or so, and he is willing to supply one of his new chef's knives for a pass around, in late May!
    I will be running it, on his behalf (he's a fellow Canadian and we stick together).
    This will be an excellent opportunity for our community to try out another custom maker's knives to see a different example of beautiful work, much like Pierre Rodrigue (my buddy), Devin Thomas and Delbert Ealy have all become known for!
    I noticed that many people know of his work, but have never tried one of his knives.
    If anyone is interested in taking part, let me know on this thread. The number will be 10-15 maximum for participants.
    All skill levels and both home cooks and pros are welcome to have a go with the knife.
    We would prefer members who are known here, or at the other forums, but feel free to let me know if you're interested either way.
    I will post more details soon!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I would be very interested in participating in the pass around, home cook.

I'd like to get in on a pass around of one of his chef's knives. I have one of his Evolution utility knives, and like it a lot.

I would love to be part of it!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I am in, I have wanted to try one of his knives for years, but hesitated without being able to see it in person.

A 10" Chef would be the one I am interested in.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Thomas is on his way to Germany, so I won't know the length, etc for sure until he gets back into contact with me (it can be hard to find a reliable Internet source, while traveling around...not to mention, he'll be busy).
    I am hoping for a 10" chef, but it will depend on what he feels comfortable lending out. It looks like it will be, but I don't want to make any promises.
    Once I get more details, I'll post the rules, etc and I'll figure out a route that works best. The rules will basically be the same as always...
    If you're in Canada, you'll be one of the first, so we can make shipping a bit easier on everyone. Finally, an advantage to being Canadian!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Engorged Member
    Count me in!

I would love to try it out. I have only contributed to him in that I think he made one of the most aesthetically unpleasing knives of all time, and I would love to eat my words. From the looks of his catalog, he is quite a busy and talented man.

Maybe we can get one in his differentially heat-treated stainless?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

I strongly believe we should do it based on order of sign up... obviously

I am totally interesting in a Haslinger passaround. I have oogled at his knives for years now but have been hesitant to buy due to lack of info floating around about them. I'm sure he (like other makers) has only been getting better with time. I would love to participate in a passaround.

I could give it a run at the sushi bar and see how it performs...

+ Reply to Thread