Quantcast
Let's see your EDCs
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your EDCs

Let's see your EDCs

I haven't purchased a kitchen knife in a while as I've been quite content, but I have wanted to pick up an EDC for some time.

Figured I couldn't go wrong with the Spyderco Paramilitary 2--it is a great knife and the S30V steel is no slouch (but I wished the M390 version wasn't sold out). So a few days after playing with it, I decide to order the Benchmade 581 Barrage in M390...and while placing the order, figured might as well add in a ZDP-189 Endura for $95, as it is another steel that I've always wanted to try.

So here I am with 3 EDCs and they all make me happy in their own way. Not sure if this is the start of another blade addiction, or if this will be it for me.

Sharpening seemed the same as any other blade, yet the ZDP did take a bit longer. I used my normal: Shapton 220--Chosera 600--Bester 1200--Naniwa 5K SS.

They now all have super sharp edges, and I can't wait to test the retention of the M390. But I've realized how much I don't like sharpening small blades (almost thought about going against all I believe in and ordering an Edge Pro to take care of these and to use for my friends Euro or crap knives, which I also hate to freehand...haven't yet, but we'll see)

Let's see your EDCs.

I have the same Endura laying next to my keyboard. I also have a Paramilitary 2 in CTS-XHP that I'm waiting to sell. I had the PM2 in M390, but sold it a month ago.

Chris Reeves Mnandi

*NOT MY PICTURE (borrowed from the intrawebs)*

Murray Carter neck knife:

I have a sprint run para 2 with the s90v steel, but my EDC is the sage 2 in titanium wIth s30v. Love that knife. Sorry, no pictures.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Giesen & Forsthoff, Solingen. I think this was my father's knife, then my grandfather had it at some point and ruined it on a bench grinder, I did what I could to repair the large blade, small blade is beyond repair. Steel feels quite soft, yet wear resistant; has corkscrew, bottle opener and blades, what else could I need?

Attachment 8675
    tried to upload but need to try again...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

ok, still got to figure this out...
    one man gathers what another man spills...

now adays since i make i hardly ever have a folder thats not mine on me but i do still carry a spyderco cricket SE (its my backup)
    i have loved spyderco for a great number of years and dont know how any one opens a knife with out a hole in it

In my right front pocket I carry a Spyderco Calypso Jr with linen micarta scales and a Victorinox SAK.

+ Reply to Thread