Quantcast
Let's see your EDCs - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your EDCs

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Does anyone here make Kydex sheaths or can anyone recommend me a maker? I have a Benchmade Snody 210 Activator with a sharkskin sheath but I want to carry it around my neck. Benchmade makes one but apparently it's not very good and people recommend custom. Any help?

It's the same size as below. Surprisingly comfortable in hand despite the very small size.

I know a guy who may be able to help ya out on that.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

My EDC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	My EDC 002 (800x533).jpg‎
Views:	16
Size:	327.0 KB
ID:	12816  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Does anyone else find it virtually impossible to find the perfect EDC? I've tried about 5 in the past few months, and I keep going back to my Gerber Paraframe for daily stuff and my SAK Treker for work. I kinda feel like steel, etc is a bit less important with an EDC, because of the abuse they take. Or, mine do anyways. The SAK is an incredible tool and I've cut bumpers and dashes off of cars with it, popped open melted cupboards, and picked locks with it (and a haligan). I don 't know if I'd be as likely to do all of this with a $350 knife, with S35VN, or another similar steel.

Kitchen knives are easy (as an owner). I can honestly say I have at least 5 blades I could use every day for the rest of my life, if I had to.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Pulled this pic off the web, but it's the one I have. The original Tomcat, I got when I was still on Active Duty east coast.

Carrying one of my favorite fixed blades today.

a new edc i got recently

svord peasant knife, took 3 months to get here coz of sellers not putting the names on right on their packages.

carbon steel, 60 rc (afaik), friction folder, dirt cheap.

lemme correct myself, the svord is 55-58rc, probably L6 steel according to some forums. so far i like it.

=D

Picked up my first edc recently.
    Went with the griptilian, para 2's caught my interest but are damn hard to find.
    I think I might pick up a sage 3 for my gal.
    Here's the one I nabbed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130422_111718.jpg‎
Views:	15
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	14799  

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Does anyone else find it virtually impossible to find the perfect EDC? I've tried about 5 in the past few months, and I keep going back to my Gerber Paraframe for daily stuff and my SAK Treker for work. I kinda feel like steel, etc is a bit less important with an EDC, because of the abuse they take. Or, mine do anyways. The SAK is an incredible tool and I've cut bumpers and dashes off of cars with it, popped open melted cupboards, and picked locks with it (and a haligan). I don 't know if I'd be as likely to do all of this with a $350 knife, with S35VN, or another similar steel.
    I agree. Nothing is really perfect, since there are a lot of things that you often ask a pocket knife to do. For me, my choice of what to put in my pocket has partly to do with what I'm doing that day, and partly with what I'm wearing. I'm in Texas, where it can be hot 8+ months out of the year. I *hate* having a knife bouncing around in my pocket in shorts of lightweight pants. So -- everything has to have a decent clip of some sort. If I want something with a decent blade, I usually carry a Spyderco Dragonfly or Caly 3. Often, though, utility trumps blade quality, and I carry an alox SAK Cadet with one of these little clips. It makes it hang flat in my front or back pocket, without making a lump or flopping around:

http://www.lighthound.com/TEC-Access...ip_p_3470.html

+ Reply to Thread