Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Let's see your EDCs

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Attachment 16686
    Only when I'm working.
    No need to carry anything when I'm not.
    what he heck is that? Looks like it's made out of CF... thought it was just a coating at first, but the pattern seems to continue onto the bevel at the tip.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    what he heck is that? Looks like it's made out of CF... thought it was just a coating at first, but the pattern seems to continue onto the bevel at the tip.
    +1
    What is that?

i've seen similar ones before. seen carbon fiber kiridashis on ebay. no clue how those things perform tho.

Busse Stealth Hawk. I think the material is something called MP45, but not sure.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by xdrewsiferx View Post

Here are two of my EDC items. HK USP45 and a Custom Todd Begg

So, if you carry a pink knife it's a good idea to also carry a gun?
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Small:
    Traditional folder from JKI: iron handle, either white or blue #2 blade (can't remember atm). Really, really cool little knife. Everyone that holds it like it: oddly popular with non-knuts too:
    [

Med: Carter semi skinner with a few custom adjustments White #1 and iron wood. This one has been in my pocket for a long time and has seen some serious use. It's about time for some spa treatment:

Lrg:
    Rader midtech (he did all the grinding and HT) for Defiance knives in 52100, really not that much bigger than the Carter, but a whole different class of knife. Lots of power packed into a small package.

XL:
    Another Defiance knife by Rader, but it's stamped with "Defiance" instead of "Rader" like the other one. Pete's did the HT. The steel is 3V and it's insane. Probably the toughest, most shock and wear resistant steel I've used to date. It's surprisingly light of a full 6" blade, but you could totally chop down a tree or break down an elk with it.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin: Great Lumtec! I had one just like it until USPS lost it........

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    So, if you carry a pink knife it's a good idea to also carry a gun?
    Well you gotta do what you gotta do

I bet you can actually find it if you drop it in the woods, tho.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

There were a few reasons for the pink. 1st was when Todd was teaching me to make knives he would ask "So you gunna put pink scales on it?" id respond "no" "so you gunna put hello kitty on it?" Id respond no etc etc. When my order was final done for a knife it was pink lol.

Part of the reasoning to this was the joke, another part was the fact that I use this knife every day and he knew I would so it was even more comical to him But there are some serious reasons to the pink like if it is dropped in tall grass or anything you can find it (I have done this and know for a fact it helped lol) also it cuts down the chance of it being stolen.

Also I have always had an affinity to pink and black.

Lol, so reasons:
    1 it was a joke
    2 it was funny
    3 actually, I like pink
    4 maybe someone won't steal it

If think carrying a. 45 and knife may have more to do with #4 than the color.

Nice usp btw: that was the first gun that made me realize that "really nice" and "plastic" could coexist in the same description. And try as I might to like 9mm or .40, I just keep coming back to. 45acp as an edc cartridge.

Isn't todd known for his friction folders? I see the indebt in the indent on the back of the handle, but no thumb tab on the blade. Liner lock?