Quantcast
Headphones? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Headphones?

Reviving this old thread rather than starting a new one. I have a set of Ultimate Ears 5 pro that I like and I don't see a need for an upgrade, they are really for walking around or for travel where the source is usually playing MP3s (still have not found the energy to rip my 1000+ CDs into FLAC...). However, I tried all kinds of tips/ sleeves and my left ear is just a trouble maker, they all either don't seal or just fall out. I was looking for options to customize ear plugs and came across a few DIY attempts to make them with silicone earplug material. That will cost a fraction of the professional deal and seems to be about the same thing. Has anybody tried that? I am trying to keep my IEMs as well as my ears intact....

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Reviving this old thread rather than starting a new one. I have a set of Ultimate Ears 5 pro that I like and I don't see a need for an upgrade, they are really for walking around or for travel where the source is usually playing MP3s (still have not found the energy to rip my 1000+ CDs into FLAC...). However, I tried all kinds of tips/ sleeves and my left ear is just a trouble maker, they all either don't seal or just fall out. I was looking for options to customize ear plugs and came across a few DIY attempts to make them with silicone earplug material. That will cost a fraction of the professional deal and seems to be about the same thing. Has anybody tried that? I am trying to keep my IEMs as well as my ears intact....

Stefan
    Otherwise, you could always try comply.

I used to roll with the UE TF10's which are known to be - big - and that worked out kinda good with the comply's.

But i have since then stopped using IEM's completely andn ow only use Circum and supra's.
    And sold off most of my gear to finance other hobbies, like this. I found my perfect matches (for the time) and i'm very happy with the phones i chose. So.. now i'm spending the money on something more usefull for work.. or so i tell myself.

Have you tried running the UE5s through a decent portable amp? If not, you should give it a try. May breath some new life into those IEMs.

I have Bowers and Wilkins C5 and I am very happy with them. I use them for music,movies,and gaming on my iPad. Ok let's be honest almost exclusively gaming. Like infinity blade When I originally got them I used them for music and heard things I never heard and felt like I was right there. Really awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias504 View Post
    I dont know jack about headphones.
    The jack plugs into the device you are using to listen to your music.

That is my level of knowledge. I know the jack and that's about it. Good luck.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    The jack plugs into the device you are using to listen to your music.

Eric
    Oh, thank you for making me spew coffee all over the monitor.

+ Reply to Thread