Quantcast
Tojiro ITK Kiritsuke
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tojiro ITK Kiritsuke

Tojiro ITK Kiritsuke

So they just came in-stock, you know where, and I ordered one. Excited as it is my first white #2 knife. I'll post again when I get the blade. I'm poor these days, so it's all about finding that fun/price/performance knife. I'm excited!

I like the W#2 on the Tojiro's even if its a machined knife. You'll have to put work into the edge but once you do it'll be fun to use.

Its too bad that they won't ship Tojiro's to Canada anymore otherwise I'd pick it up as well to play with it.

I had the nakiri and gave it away. I don't want to be too critical as it cost $30, but i thought it was worth about $30.

Congrats! I won the prototype of the very same and I'm getting it re-handled soon. I'll post as well when I get it back.

Yeah, bummer they won't ship outside of the US. Do you know anyone state-side that could order it for you, then ship over it to you in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by macmiddlebrooks View Post
    Congrats! I won the prototype of the very same and I'm getting it re-handled soon. I'll post as well when I get it back.
    What were your initial impressions of the knife? Did I waste my hard earned greenbacks?

Engorged Member
    What are your expectations for this knife? That is...the same website sells a Konosuke Fujiyama for $200 more. The Konosuke is an outstanding knife If you're expecting your knife to b e on par with the Konosuke, then you will be disappointed. Can you get this knife to perform at the level the Konosuke would after a good sharpening? Again, Not going to happen. If you are willing to put in a couple of hours to a days worth of work thinning, changing the edge profile, regrinding then resetting the primary bevels, in the process screwing up the finish, then you might have a knife as nice as the Konosuke.

Sorry, it's inbound to me from Mark and should arrive on Fri. I'm sure you'll love it . I have a Konosuke fuji Kiri in W#2 that just blazes through pretty much everything in it's path. The only aside is that it's not really profiled for any kind of rocking motion (herbs). I think it's a great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    What were your initial impressions of the knife? Did I waste my hard earned greenbacks?

I'm hoping it to be fairly thin, take a good edge, be flat as hell and have a horrible handle. I'm wondering more about the blade, since measurement and weight info is unavailable. I'm sure it will preform up to it's $80 price tag. Just looking for a few words from a person who has held one.

Mmmm...granted I don't have mine in hand yet, but I think after a bit of re-profiling and easing the corners off the choil and spine....it should be a heck of a cutter. Especially for 80 bones or clams or whatever you call them (name that quote ).

+ Reply to Thread