Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long time watcher from a land far, far away............

Long time watcher from a land far, far away............

Hi Folks

A long time knife fan here. As a kid I was fascinated by knives as tools, and has an adult I have always been in the 'form follows function' camp. Aside from doing all the cooking in our house of four, I have an active interest in areas such as home audio, watches, technology and other 'boys toys'.

I love NZ wines, especially Central Otago Pinot Noir, however my gout doesn't agree with that hobby.

I have been interested in kitchen knives for over 20x years and have graduated from 8" German chefs knives, to NZ made custom items, to Japanese blades.

Sharpening remains a challenge. Whilst I appreciate performance I am not overly talented with my hands and hence have taken up the EdgePro challenge. In tine I will graduate to natural stones.

I have been lurking here for some time, and for years at the 'other' knife forum. I don't post much - I am daunted by my lack of expertise

I like being 'different' and relish 'pride of ownership'. My grail list includes a custom gyuto with a NZ native timber handle / pounamu (jade) ferrule.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks for the objective and civil discussions on this forum.

Cheers

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    From one gout sufferer to another, Welcome!!!
    Chewie's the man.

welcome! if you ever come across a pounamu sharpening stone let me know, it is my holy grail.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Welcome and Cheers!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Hey and welcome!

Welcome to KKF

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Welcome

Welcome! NZ is one place I hope to visit someday.