Quantcast
Coffee gear and discussion thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee gear and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The flavor is great, it's the feeling in my mouth that kind of bugs me. Maybe I'll bust out the press tonight and give it another shot.
    Just a sugestion, but if you get the chance to sample a coffee from the recently released press from the Canadian company, Espro, try it.

In their own words:

"The espro™ press helps you make a clean cup, with all of the delicate flavours and aromas that fully express your coffee. You will taste the coffee, and not the grounds. And the cup you drink tomorrow is as good as the cup you drink today.

It is robust enough for home, coffee shop and restaurant use

The espro™ press is a precision coffee brewer. It preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas by micro-filtering twice with a unique metal filter. This micro-filter keeps grounds out of your cup, and lets the aromatic oils in"

http://www.espro.ca/espro-press/

Quote Originally Posted by littleroundman View Post
    Just a sugestion, but if you get the chance to sample a coffee from the recently released press from the Canadian company, Espro, try it.

In their own words:

"The espro™ press helps you make a clean cup, with all of the delicate flavours and aromas that fully express your coffee. You will taste the coffee, and not the grounds. And the cup you drink tomorrow is as good as the cup you drink today.

It is robust enough for home, coffee shop and restaurant use

The espro™ press is a precision coffee brewer. It preserves all of the freshly brewed flavours and aromas by micro-filtering twice with a unique metal filter. This micro-filter keeps grounds out of your cup, and lets the aromatic oils in"

http://www.espro.ca/espro-press/

I really like the Espro actuated tamper. I have one and it's pretty nice.

As for the other bit about the mouth feel of a french press.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfN116i4mVg

Lastly,

My coffee set up at home.

From http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ar-here/page16

Quote Originally Posted by geezr View Post

checked out Stumptowns site and had no clue what coffee I should order so used their side-bar and reviewed different ways to make coffee.
    I will be ordering Ethiopian heirloom single origin espresso roast - thanks Spike - now I have 2 additional sources for coffee
    PhaetonFalling and Spike, any other coffees you like from Stumptown?
    I brew espresso but also use Aeropress sometimes.

I did the Black cat coffee, forums fave etc. back in the day but have bought local since and it is costly and about time for variety - thanks

Stumptown changes what's available all the time, but they always have their blends. For their blends, the Holler Mountain Roast was pretty good. I liked the brew at around 200-202.

As a general rule, I buy anything Columbian that they have. The first coffee I had from them was the Columbia Las Vegas (which is no longer around)... just a gorgeous cup when brewed at 197-198.

They had another Columbian that was really good that was good in the 195-196 range and honestly tasted heavily of blackberry jam (scrumptious!)

Their tasting notes are pretty spot on. I tend to like the coffees that are brought out at the lower temps because I feel the cup is more nuanced and subtle. The flavors brought out at the higher temps like dark chocolate tones slap you in the face really hard, but that's just my opinion. Get your grind down, and your tamp down, and then experiment with temps, you'll be amazed at what you taste!

In a way, coffee and kitchen knives are pretty similar. It's all very technical, and you get out what you put in.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaetonFalling View Post
    My coffee set up at home.

BTW, can anyone else see the above picture? It shows up on one of my computers, but not on the other one...

the link is below.

http://www.home-barista.com/forums/u...IMG_0698_1.jpg

Check out counter culture coffee too, 5 dollar flat rate shipping.

If anyone finds a great company selling raw beans online, with lots of experience doing bulk shipments overseas, please do give me a shout out. Would be much appreciated.

On the topic of Stumptown, I'm currently drinking a Guatemalan bean from their Grand Cru series: Finca El Injerto- El Tanque.

While the price tag is a bit tough to swallow (nearly $40/lb) the coffee sure ain't!

Also, a good source to buy roasted beans is http://www.gocoffeego.com/ they only offer coffee from some of the best roasters in ths biz and they rotate weekly specials for free shipping (or sometimes coffee).
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I used to use a low key approach to making my Caramel Macchiato. When I found myself spending WAY too much at Starbucks I picked up these three items and started making my own:

Krups Coffee Grinder
    Bialetti Moka Express
    Aerolatte Stream Free Milk Frother

I was starting to make a damn good Latte. Then I went on this diet to lose some pounds before I get married in September. The hardest part was the cleanup afterwards. Good thing I got the "missus" the do that part for me!

and THANK YOU!! All the coffee provider sites are bookmarked
    Really good to know there will be variety going forward
    Also appreciate moving my posts to this thread as my 1st post on this forum may have been on this thread

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Anyone who would like to really get to know about coffee, espresso, and gear, once again go to home-barista.com. It's the kitchenknifeforums of coffee.

Jason
    Jason