Quantcast
Coffee gear and discussion thread - Page 31
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee gear and discussion thread

Just picked this up off Craigslist for $45 I think it will be a nice upgrade from my Mr. Coffee model.

Score!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Flawless Victory View Post
    Just picked this up off Craigslist for $45 I think it will be a nice upgrade from my Mr. Coffee model.

Now there's the under statement of the year. As long as it's working well that was a smoking good deal!

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I think your screen name indicates my feeling.
    Jason

That'll do, for sure!

Ya I might have hit a little gold mine. While getting info about the Grinder as her Ad had no pictures I discovered that she misspelled Esspreso and did not know if the grinder was a doser or not. So she seemed to be a novice in this area at best. When asked why she was selling it her father is aparently a coffe fanatic and just hands down his stuff when he gets new ones. Not Sure what he has now but this http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/bar...ded-h2-display she had on her counter in her Kitchen. So I requested that she rember my number next time she gets a hand me down so I can be third in line.

The Baratza grinders are very nice. I haven't looked back since I bought the Preciso.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

I had that Baratza Vario for a year but found it to be inconsistent from shot to shot. It worked OK if you kept the hopper full of beans but when you wanted to dose one shot at a time, my shots were all over the place. The last straw was when I started having static clumping issues. I tried to clean everything but no luck resolving the static. I then bought a used Super Jolly off CL for about $125 bucks and the difference was like night and day. Shot times stayed consistent and I was happy. But... It wasn't long before I got "curious" about a a grinder with larger burrs, so I got a Mazzer Major. To be honest, I cant tell much of a difference between the SJ and the Major.... So if you're serious about espresso, I highly recommend a SJ.

Maybe I can score a baratza to play around with some drip or pour over coffee. I have never really drank many types of coffee, just went straight to espresso. Only one grinder as well. Nice score there.