Quantcast
Coffee gear and discussion thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee gear and discussion thread

Great, thanks! I read about this sophisticated technological device but did not know exactly what it was. I did WDT the Rocky output in my yoghurt cup all the time, maybe I have to adapt one to the height of the Jolly. With a Shnozzola and a yoghurt cup, what could go wrong? And how stupid must this sentence sound to the uninitiated?

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post
    Which version do you have?
    Do you know what its grind retention is?
    Care to weigh it?
    (I realize that sounds tedious to most, but coffee nerds understand each other, lol)
    I pulled two shots this morning and weighed the grinds that had to be manually swept out. The grinder kept ~ 6.3g and 5.9g in the chute. I've never seen the K10 fresh so I cant comment on whether the retention would be similar there.

Quote Originally Posted by vinster View Post
    I pulled two shots this morning and weighed the grinds that had to be manually swept out. The grinder kept ~ 6.3g and 5.9g in the chute. I've never seen the K10 fresh so I cant comment on whether the retention would be similar there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahimlee54 View Post
    I have the k10 wbc and it holds around 7 g in the chute. For single dosing I suspect the wbc would be less wasteful since you can sweep the chute. That is what I do, it works great.
    That's awesome, thanks guys. I guess I was only half making up that 7g retention number. Now I just need to figure out what the Fresh holds.

Enjoying some Blue Bottle Ethiopian Lima Wolenso this morning.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Wow this thread is confusing me I personally LOVE coffee and did not know there was so much different equipment etc...

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Wow this thread is confusing me I personally LOVE coffee and did not know there was so much different equipment etc...
    Yeah, the rabbit hole is pretty deep, similar to many hobbies. Just depends how involved in the process you want to get.
    Jason

I hear ya...

wow, thread was a slog, feel like a slacker.

all i use is either a french press or Vietnamese phin.

do roast my own green beans though....

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I would normally do this in the "for sale" section, but if anyone is looking for a moderately used, well maintained Mazzer Mini then IM me. I just picked up a Mazzer Major and already have two Mini's.
    Jason

Sounds like a great opportunity I would have jumped on a couple of weeks ago, but now I am on the middle of modding the Jolly I picked up locally. I hope the Mini will find a good home.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by RGNY View Post
    wow, thread was a slog, feel like a slacker.

all i use is either a french press or Vietnamese phin.

do roast my own green beans though....
    Nothing wrong with a French press. I use one occasionally and I get a pretty good brew out of it. My fav from it is pre-ground Serrano from Cuba. I'm sipping some right now. Passed over a real espresso shot for it. The heart wants what the heart wants