Quantcast
Coffee gear and discussion thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee gear and discussion thread

My Grinder - a malkonig vario. Been extremely happy with it so far. Very tweakable

This is what makes me happy most mornings. Expobar dual leva (Expobar brewtus II in the USA). Great consistent performer

Just arrived... gonna play with it this weekend. A genecafe roaster

All these just arrived too... can't wait to see how it tastes!!

The first decent looking rosetta I managed after struggling with the new hobby

Got another one out the next morning...

And my favorite one to date. Its been about 6 weeks of pouring 2 cups a day so far...

Wow! I thought I was a coffee junkie!
    I like you guys more and more every day!!!
    For iced coffee, make French press coffee and freeze it in an ice cube tray. Make your preferred coffee, let it cool for about an hour, add coffee cubes, and serve!
    It doesn't get watered down this way. It's a little trick I came up with back in University
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Very nice Tristan!

Oh, one more thing.
    Heaven will serve french vanilla ice cream with strong, black delta espresso poured over top for dessert ANY time you want it!
    It's so simple, but is quite honestly, my favorite dessert!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Nice, Tristan! I can't pour rosettas to save my life; it looks like you are getting close to mastering the art! I really wanted to go with a Brewtus, but instead had to pick one my wife can use with the push of a button. It's pretty versitile though, so I can play w/ boiler temps and run in semi-auto mode. And one day I will restore the trashed La Pavoni lever I picked up 2 years ago, and learn how to survive in full manual mode

Please post as you play with the home roasting!

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    My ex was one hell of a barista, real world class. Used to go to the expos and competitions. Despite all our differences and the other crap that split us up, I sure miss her insisting on making my mochas every morning (and the wacky designs she'd put in the foam).

i'm perfectly happy with decent beans ground in my cheap bodum grinder and brewed in a french press. i have friends who are nuts about coffee, and roast their own, and have similar neat-o stuff, and i totally get it, but i reserve my heated liquid obsession time and money for green tea.

I just had to laugh a few days ago when I read in a book something like 'green tea is really nice if you like grassy-tasting water, and if you add honey, it becomes almost drinkable' Love to see the coffee setups. I'm getting really embarrassed about still not having had my machine repaired. This will be one of the summer projects. I have a Quick Mill Anita that doesn't heat up, no repair service out on the island, and I am just not a tech guy... I also tried roasting with a smaller IRoast II before the Anita died. Had mixed success, it definitely has a learning curve. What makes it difficult is that more and more places don't ship green beans to Hawaii - it's illegal to do so in order to protect the Hawaiian growers from imported pests (or better, protect the local growers from losing business...).

Stefan