Quantcast
Coffee gear and discussion thread - Page 39
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee gear and discussion thread

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    BTW, all you need to do now is customize it. This is the guy to do it:

http://www.home-barista.com/marketpl...ne-t10642.html

My Vibiemme Domobar Super has some cocobolo knobs made by him, and they are awesome!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    I just ordered some Rustico and Toscano from Counter Culture, would love to pull those shots with that!
    That shot is Rustico, it is prob my favorite blend from them.

I can't do any work to this for quite sometime, a new shower install and espresso machine all within a couple of weeks of one another makes my bank account sad .

much more awesomer
    Nice coffee pr0n!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

much more awesomer
    Jason, thanks for the link! That's great stuff. I only ever visit CG or HB once in a blue moon, usually when I'm shopping or have a problem.

Anybody know if black palm can be turned? I can imagine a steam knob, PF and Reg handles, and a dosing funnel all in dark black palm with golden leopard spots!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    Jason, thanks for the link! That's great stuff. I only ever visit CG or HB once in a blue moon, usually when I'm shopping or have a problem.

Anybody know if black palm can be turned? I can imagine a steam knob, PF and Reg handles, and a dosing funnel all in dark black palm with golden leopard spots!
    Ask Dave (in the link). Ironically, he is from my the town next to my home town. Never met him in person, but he did turn me knobs for my Vebiemme.
    Jason

Black palm is tough to turn. It needs stabilized first or you get really bad tearout.

I turned the levers and porta-handle on my Elektra out of curly maple. Lovely wood, and it responds really well to dyes.

You guys should put up some pics of your tampers and other such mods, always cool to see what people have done.

man I could use a good coffee right about now. Too bad machine is at home and what we have at work is beyond your worse nightmares.

Speaking of Tampers, I been considering a new Torr Titanium model, 50/50 on flat vs convex this time round?

much more awesomer
    Did you notice the "slack" with the VST baskets? They're 58.35 mm instead of the standard LM or Synesso 58.0 mm. I am considering either a Cafelat in 58.35, or a new base from Reg at 58.3 mm.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

much more awesomer
    Meanwhile, I think I found the source of my poor extractions... I changed the shower screen on the Silvia's group head. Holy cow, what a difference! I guess five-plus years of daily scrubbing with a Pallö brush took its toll and caused really poor dispersion. The water now comes out evenly across the entire screen instead of a few strong streams near the middle.

Of course, now I have to adjust the grind and tamp again because without all the channeling it seems like it's almost choking.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

+ Reply to Thread