Quantcast
amakusa stone wheel - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: amakusa stone wheel

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    ok i need more info on this stuff what grits are they and what speeds can they be run at also how big (can you tell i want one)
    I am notsure if those can be purchased here in US but here a japanese site that sells them
    http://tulip.ocnk.net/product-group/1

red amakusa is ~800 grit, white amakusa is~1000.

am i looking at the 15000 yen as about 12 inch x2 inch wide and around 1 inch hole
    i woudl love a big water stone setup since ive been doing single bevels

I've known about these for a few years at least, I almost bought one myself but backed off and I'm glad I did. I sure wouldn;t mind having one on hand though, just don't want to buy it.

I can't find the link now but somewhere I have the link to the company that sells the machine itself shown in the links above.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Is it just me or do the prices seem fairly reasonable? (For the wheels at least)

That company also sell the TOGIRAKKU grinding wheel machine .
    GROUP BUY GROUP BUY

The only problem is that the amakusa stones seem to have large inclusions of very widely differing grits which leave large scratches. I bought the red and white bench stones from epic edge. They're very slow (takes more than 40 strokes to produce burr vs 12 on a king 1k) and the finish they produce has scratches.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim0mit View Post
    The only problem is that the amakusa stones seem to have large inclusions of very widely differing grits which leave large scratches. I bought the red and white bench stones from epic edge. They're very slow (takes more than 40 strokes to produce burr vs 12 on a king 1k) and the finish they produce has scratches.

-Tim
    There might be quality issues with some stones but mine are just fine no scratches no inclusions.
    As far as speed sometimes slow is good. Also consider this, once the wheel spins speed is not an issue, it will make equivalent of 40 passes in less than a minute.

+ Reply to Thread