What Knife did you keep?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitbud

Reaction score
We all love getting that new Über blade. I want to know what blades you couldn't part with after the upgrade. I know some blades are easy to let go of, but what blades are still around the house? Mine is a Wusthof 3.5" paring knife. Just fits in my hand better than anything else I have.

Tim

I was deciding between a 230 Nenox and a 230 Zwilling slicer - and sold the Nenox, kept the Zwilling. It's the ugliest knife I own after all kinds of experiments, but it's also the first 'real' knife I had (which makes it about 33 years old) and I just like the feel of it.

Stefan

Interesting thread. Now that I've seriously thinned and slightly reprofiled my little Sab parer I don't think I could be without it. The 270 KS gyuto will likely go with me to dirt. I don't have enough other "good" knives to provide a useful data point, though.

Definitely my wusthof gourmet parer. bought it 3 years ago when I started my sophomore year in college; I've since upgraded, but I can't let that thing go. Great little knife.

Mine are a Wusthof 6 in. utility, my glestain gyuto and vintage sabatiers. I'll likely be adding my suisin IH's to that list as well.

My Tojiro DP is the last knife I don't want to own that I don't use for brutal experimentation.

I have a little 8 inch Forgecraft that gets daily use and will never be parted with.

Inspired by our fellow friend on here, bieniek, I have made a decision to give away a similar one whenever I buy a new one.
Well, at least for the types of knives I have bought this far.

One knife that will never go though is my Takeda AS Petty.
Not because it is the bee's knees or anything, but it is the only one of all my knives my wife actually likes, and uses:)
The rest of them are all for me!

Back