Damn weevils!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
My kitchen got invaded. I thought I was good with keeping things clean and everything, but I had one bag of organic flour which got pushed behind other things and I forgot about it. That's what I get for procrastinating with the trip to the restaurant supply store for larger sealing flour bins. Now the damn critters are all over my place, spreading from the kitchen into the rest of the place. Any tips beyond throwing out starchy things, cleaning the shelves and maybe spraying something (and what?). I am packing up to move out, but I want to leave the place clean. And, more importantly, I don't want to shlepp the buggers into my new place. Radical measures that don't kill me are welcome!

Stefan

Freeze them. Put all your grain items (or anything else they might be in) in a freezer (0 degrees F) for 4 days. That's supposed to kill them. If they're on pets & small children, this is not the best approach.

Back