• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Ino 270 Hon-Kasumi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'll be posting some pics tomorrow, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling tonight... I'm selling my Ino 270 W2 Hon-Kasumi. I picked it up from John almost a year ago. It was a custom order that he placed with Ino and then put it up for sale at JKI. I got a healthy summer bonus last year, and decided I'd like to try a slightly pricier mid-scale gyuto. I'm a cleaver fan at heart but I caught the gyuto bug again when my chef said he was grabbing a new gyuto. I put it through its paces, decided I enjoyed it, but wanted to go back to my true love- the chuka. I almost did a trade earlier this year, but my girlfriend started a job at kitchen where chefs were required to have their own knives/tools. She just picked up a tojiro the other day and returned the Ino to my care. Part of me wants to hold onto it just for the sake of having it, but I'd rather someone else made proper use of her.
My girlfriend beat up the edge a little, steeling and such, and I haven't jumped on the sharpening train yet. ( I considered sending it out to Dave before selling, but I figure there's a lotta guys on here with excellent sharpening skills...)
Has a heavy forced patina, so the reactivity is low, but still there a little. Dave did a tip repair back in the spring, so the length is probably just shy of 270(I haven't measured, just guessing), here's a link to the original listing on JKI: http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...n-ino-270mm-white-2-hon-kasumi-wa-gyuto.htmlY

The handle could use a little sanding, there's some very minor F/F issues where it meets the ferrule, but I quite liked its girth, nice and beefy( I do think this knife would benefit from a denser wood if rehandled, it's balance is rather blade- centric ). The choil is nice and snug with the ferrule. Spine is nicely rounded, this knife is very comfy in pinch grip, no rough/hard lines. I'ts not a laser, but not a wedger either. Not too sticky. I thinks it's a great overall knife, I just prefer my chukas.

Annnnnnyyyyyways... I paid $500 originally, asking$350, includes shipping CONUS. Thanks for looking:D

link does not:seem to work??

link does not:seem to work??

Crap. I'm no good at this stuff, I tried copying and pasting with my iPhone:(
It's listed as the Gesshin Ino white #2 270 Hon-Kasumi. If anybody can help me fix the link I'd appreciate it...

Back