Quantcast
Are Takedas still worth the price? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are Takedas still worth the price?

can takedas be fully custom ordered? say if i were to want a thicker one that doesn't flex and not quite as tall with way less belly. if you have gone through such a process, what was the wait time?

pretty sure Mr.Magnus has done just that…

but if you change the knife that much, is it possible that you don’t want a Takeda?

I just know I want full carbon AS knife. Not too many options especially ones that meet my criteria.

I think Magnus only waited a couple months. Another option might be Watanabe.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Already have a Watanabe, it's blue #2 not AS.

Touché.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I wouldn't buy a Takeda these days. Too may other options that you'll know perform.

got a chance to try out mhenry's custom 270 and i'm so floored by it that i decided to order my own. i didn't think i would like it because it's so thin and light, but it performs more like a beefy knife yet with the agility of a whimpy one.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    got a chance to try out mhenry's custom 270 and i'm so floored by it that i decided to order my own. i didn't think i would like it because it's so thin and light, but it performs more like a beefy knife yet with the agility of a whimpy one.
    Pics or no truthiness
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

haha, all i needed was one day to know (for sure) i want this knife. i've already sharpened real nice and packaged it up to send back to mike. i'll post pics when mine arrives. i'll even let you take it for a spin josh, but craig is first in line.

it is a flat profile exactly 270 length and 56mm height with a low sitting nose per mike's concept, apparently he sent takeda a drawing and it came out just as he envisioned it. pretty much exactly what i want, except i want 57mm height and perhaps 265 length and slightly thicker spine if possible.

i was also considering a masakage koishi, but i get the suspicion it's more of a drawer queen type if that makes any sense. takeda is supremely easy to sharpen which is great, i'm really not a fan of stainless cladding due to its annoying behavior on stones.

+ Reply to Thread