Quantcast
The KKF Cookbook Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The KKF Cookbook Thread

Email Sent Yesterday, looking forward to getting started.

Okay everybody, I think I've responded to everyone who sent an email to the kkfcookbook address by now. So far we've got a really good start (I'll post a breakdown in just a little bit), but we still could use more contributors, ESPECIALLY among single beveled knife users. Keep the ideas coming!

I have been very busy as of late so I haven't had much time to post but I would like to sign up. I will be using a Yoshikane Gyuto with a custom marko Handle to make pork tacos.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I'm a little late to the party, but is it still possible to get in?

Stereo.pete and agp, you're in. Email me the specs on your recipes and knives at kkfcookbook@gmail.com.

Helden, i posted a few suggestions but it sounds like you already have chosen the list. let me know if you are looking for more content, curious how many here have a vacuum tumbler or know how to use it.

Mucho Bocho,

We can still take a few more and no one has suggested much molecular gastronomy yet. I'll PM you in a bit.

Cool I'm in. We should meet over a beer some night. I live around Brier Creek. There are a lot of knife nuts in NC. REPRESENT!

I could showcase a Nakiri its an AS Moritaka, works fine, better ground than my others. I could do a Ballentine chicken. Only I stuff mine with chourico portuguese paprika smoked spicy sausage, various hard shredded cheese gruyere, and such, with just enough old bread cubes to absorb the juices while cooking. It gets tied, bagged and placed in a circulating water bath at 143 degrees for 12hrs. Cooled, unpackaged and dry roasted for about 30 minutes in my convection oven. This one was the classic style spinach and gruyere

KKF Cookbook Thread UPDATE

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been away from this project for about a month. Moving halfway across the country and beginning a new job have consumed more of my time and energy than I thought, and I didn't get home internet until today (currently writing this from work!).

Here's where we stand on the cookbook:

Have recipes and pics from:
    Mucho Bocho
    Keith Neal
    heldentenor

Have firm recipes from:
    Amon-Rukh
    David DeG (forget what your KKF name is)
    Seth0726
    BurkeCutlery
    Namaxy

Have tentative/possible recipes from:
    AGP
    Wildboar
    Turbochef422
    DwarvenChef
    EdipisReks

Have heard ideas from but no firm commitment:
    Chinacats
    Sw2geeks
    Candlejack
    Jm2hill
    TheEdge
    VoodooMajik
    Burl Source

Since real names and KKF names don't always match up, let me know if I've heard from you but you don't see your name on the list.

We still need several more submissions to make this project work, and particularly welcome anyone who wants to do a recipes that features single-beveled knives. I'd also like to see all of the registered makers covered if possible; so far I know I have an HHH, a Tsourkan, and a Devin Thomas.

Please submit ideas, recipes, and pictures to kkfcookbook@gmail.com.

Thanks! I look forward to getting back to work on this.