Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The KKF Cookbook Thread

I could do a few bread formulas. Something simple even non bread bakers could do.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

UPDATE 6/2013

Alright folks, now that I've found some time to get back to this, here's where we stand.

The following people have submitted completed recipes, pics, et al; they are DONE, so to speak:

Keith N.
    Craig W.
    Seth S.
    David DiQ.
    David DeG.
    David W.
    (we need some non-Davids!)

I've heard from Justin0505, EdipisReks, Eamon Burke, JmAdams, pumbaa, DwarvenChef, Notaskinnychef, Lefty, wellminded1, Amon-Rukh, CanadianMan, Namaxy, The Edge, BurlSource, Jm2hill, Sw2geeks, and Chinacats. Many of these people have already proposed recipes and knives--you know who you are and will most likely have traded emails with me through kkfcookbook@gmail.com--while others have proposed categories of contribution (bread, pastry, etc.).

Here's what we need:

1) If you have signed up for a recipe or knife and have not completed it, please do so ASAP! It's hard to move forward and fill in gaps without having a firm handle on what's already been covered. As a reminder, a complete submission includes a recipe, pics of the dish in progress and finished (ideally featuring knife work!), and most importantly, a bit of text and an illustration of why you used the knife that you did on the recipe.

2) The following categories of knife need more representation: single bevels of all types, petties, cimeters/other butchering knives, at least one more bread knife (ideally Güde or custom), and Japanese gyutos. I'd also like to include a Martell custom, a Burke, and a Rodrigue if we could--shouldn't be too hard! We've already got an HHH, a Marko, and a DT, but multiples of these makers are okay. If you have one of these knives, consider submitting a recipe!

3) The following categories of food need more representation: sushi/sashimi, pastry, grilled/summer foods, bread, soups, salads, and vegetarian. Asian cuisines are also welcome. If you can pair something from this category with a knife from category 2, let me know!

Thanks, all. Please reply directly to this thread AND to kkfcookbook@gmail.com. I'm going to work with Justin0505 to set up a dropbox account for pics, so if you have completed a recipe but haven't submitted pics yet, hold off for a couple of days.

Best regards,
    David

I'm doing it this week.

Ill work on my bread controbution this evening, and dig around to find pics.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

David, We're you going to use the Ballentine recipe I sent you?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...light=cookbook

Quote Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
    UPDATE 6/2013

Alright folks, now that I've found some time to get back to this, here's where we stand.

The following people have submitted completed recipes, pics, et al; they are DONE, so to speak:

Keith N.
    Craig W.
    Seth S.
    David DiQ.
    David DeG.
    David W.
    (we need some non-Davids!)

I've heard from Justin0505, EdipisReks, Eamon Burke, JmAdams, pumbaa, DwarvenChef, Notaskinnychef, Lefty, wellminded1, Amon-Rukh, CanadianMan, Namaxy, The Edge, BurlSource, Jm2hill, Sw2geeks, and Chinacats. Many of these people have already proposed recipes and knives--you know who you are and will most likely have traded emails with me through kkfcookbook@gmail.com--while others have proposed categories of contribution (bread, pastry, etc.).

Here's what we need:

1) If you have signed up for a recipe or knife and have not completed it, please do so ASAP! It's hard to move forward and fill in gaps without having a firm handle on what's already been covered. As a reminder, a complete submission includes a recipe, pics of the dish in progress and finished (ideally featuring knife work!), and most importantly, a bit of text and an illustration of why you used the knife that you did on the recipe.

2) The following categories of knife need more representation: single bevels of all types, petties, cimeters/other butchering knives, at least one more bread knife (ideally Güde or custom), and Japanese gyutos. I'd also like to include a Martell custom, a Burke, and a Rodrigue if we could--shouldn't be too hard! We've already got an HHH, a Marko, and a DT, but multiples of these makers are okay. If you have one of these knives, consider submitting a recipe!

3) The following categories of food need more representation: sushi/sashimi, pastry, grilled/summer foods, bread, soups, salads, and vegetarian. Asian cuisines are also welcome. If you can pair something from this category with a knife from category 2, let me know!

Thanks, all. Please reply directly to this thread AND to kkfcookbook@gmail.com. I'm going to work with Justin0505 to set up a dropbox account for pics, so if you have completed a recipe but haven't submitted pics yet, hold off for a couple of days.

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    David, We're you going to use the Ballentine recipe I sent you?

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...light=cookbook
    Yes sir--thanks for the reminder!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Im not participating in this project...yet...but, hows it going?
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Also was curious on the status. May be able to help contribute if there is need still.
    Have a knife day!

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    I would be 100% down to participate still. I can has many knives to choose from!
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell