Quantcast
The KKF Cookbook Thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The KKF Cookbook Thread

I was just thinking of this last night LOL good to see some posts. Still playing with recipes and it's getting close

What is the time line for pics and finished recipe? I get back in the kitchen on oct 3rd and cant wait to get started

Quote Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
    Hey folks,

Sorry I've been away from this project for about a month. Moving halfway across the country and beginning a new job have consumed more of my time and energy than I thought, and I didn't get home internet until today (currently writing this from work!).

Here's where we stand on the cookbook:

Have recipes and pics from:
    Mucho Bocho
    Keith Neal
    heldentenor

Have firm recipes from:
    Amon-Rukh
    David DeG (forget what your KKF name is)
    Seth0726
    BurkeCutlery
    Namaxy

Have tentative/possible recipes from:
    AGP
    Wildboar
    Turbochef422
    DwarvenChef
    EdipisReks

Have heard ideas from but no firm commitment:
    Chinacats
    Sw2geeks
    Candlejack
    Jm2hill
    TheEdge
    VoodooMajik
    Burl Source

Since real names and KKF names don't always match up, let me know if I've heard from you but you don't see your name on the list.

We still need several more submissions to make this project work, and particularly welcome anyone who wants to do a recipes that features single-beveled knives. I'd also like to see all of the registered makers covered if possible; so far I know I have an HHH, a Tsourkan, and a Devin Thomas.

Please submit ideas, recipes, and pictures to kkfcookbook@gmail.com.

Thanks! I look forward to getting back to work on this.
    You forgot me, I emailed you awhile ago and was on one of the first lists.
    I was originally going to do a fruit and bean salsa with my DT ITK Cleaver, but if DT is already represented in another recipe, I could use either a custom Rader or Martel gyuto.
    Also, let me know if you'd like help with any of the pictures (editing color balance and levels).
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin--thanks for the reminder--I did indeed forget your recipe, but not your offer to work with the photography! Once the recipes and accompanying photos are all (or mostly) in, I'll send them to you to set contrast, balance, and levels so that we get the best possible presentation.

Seth and all--I'd like to have all recipes and photos by Halloween. That will give me a month to do some production and hopefully we will have finished books available between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I will get you a dessert recipe as soon as i get a free moment. i just need to find a recipe that has enough knife work worth mentioning

Made my dish today and took lots of pics. Think I will replate w/ some leftovers tomorrow night as the final pics today weren't quite what I was hoping for. Used a Fowler cable damascus gyuto.

Will get the recipe written up and sent later this week. Is there a dropbox/ ftp for uploading pics?

sorry, i've been stupid busy the last while. i don't know if i'll have time for this, now, unfortunately.

Wildboar--Thus far it's all been through a gmail account I created. I've been moving images to a hard drive as they arrive, but may need to look in to creating a dropbox depending on size. For now, send recipes and smallish pics to kkfcookbook@gmail.com and we'll proceed from there.

Edipis--No problem, the recipes are coming in slowly and we're still not up to a full book-length project in terms of submissions. At some point, we'll have to make a cutoff on deadlines, but I'd love to have a dish from you, so if you think you can find the time but need a bit of breathing space let me know.

Once again, we still need recipes, especially those that feature single bevels or anything non-gyuto.

Although i have no recipe to contribute, I\m glad to see this moving forward and i\m excited about seeing the results.
    So big thanks to all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
    Edipis--No problem, the recipes are coming in slowly and we're still not up to a full book-length project in terms of submissions. At some point, we'll have to make a cutoff on deadlines, but I'd love to have a dish from you, so if you think you can find the time but need a bit of breathing space let me know.
    it's a ways off, i know, but things are going to be slowing down for me come November, as my current projects are going to be wrapping up. there are of course going to be new projects, but there will be some nice breathing room in between. if that's fine, then i'll plan on it.

+ Reply to Thread