What Is it 2 ?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
That's right What is it 2 .
I put it up you guess
1 very lucky person will get tickets to MARTELL ON ICE ,A MAN, A KNIFE, A PASSION
ONE NIGHT ONLY !

critics are saying

Harry Mitts say's / I am speechless

Candy Kane said /I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW

and everyone agrees Martell on the rocks is the only way to see this show.

I24fA.jpg
[/IMG]

Round one .

what is it ?

A:
UBkQp.jpg
[/IMG]

B:
XL3As.jpg
[/IMG]

A: Looks like a Victorian-era spoon warmer, silver I am assuming.

Glasseye has it A: it is a spoon warmer no cold spoons for you.

i understand the gravey boat as a spoon warmer but i dont understand the 'hook' hendricks martini with cucumber has not sharpened my senses ,,
round two .. british or american , 1700 or early 1800's storage for something used when entertaining quests [based on the pineapple ] wood with a lock means dry ... perhaps a tea or sugar safe? tobacco ?

Last edited:
your on the right train of thought for C:

B: hint = sort of a separator

C: I was also thinking tea, coffee, maybe cookies or the like. That or it is a pineapple safe.

Yes all the what is it is #1 food related and or kitchen knife everything revolves around food.

expensive ,, sugar ? spices ? imported items. pineapple means welcome to guests perhaps silverware storage .. item sits on side board and is opened and 'steak' knives are inside to be distributed ?

such as this .
D :
Ye065.jpg
[/IMG]

Name two Chefs in these picture.

Yes yes ! lowercasebill
for your sliver knife's it is called a knife urn
mTUHi.jpg
[/IMG]

here is a a knife box same period
16Sr3.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok were down to B and D

here is one more

E :
S14oM.png
[/IMG]

No to both answers
and no that's not chef Boyradee.

But he was a great chef in his own right.

Boiardi followed his brother Lorenzo to the kitchen of the Plaza Hotel in New York City, working his way up to head chef. In 1915, he supervised the catering for the reception of President Woodrow Wilson's second wedding,[1] at the Greenbrier, in West Virginia. His entrepreneurial skill became polished and well known when he opened his first restaurant, Il Giardino d'Italia, whose name translated as “The Garden of Italy,” at East 9th Street and Woodland Avenue in Cleveland,[2] in 1926. The patrons of Il Giardino d'Italia frequently asked for samples and recipes of his spaghetti sauce, which he often gave to customers in old milk bottles.

Boiardi began to use a factory in 1928 to keep up with orders, setting his sights on selling his product nationally. Touting the low cost of spaghetti products as a good choice to serve to the entire family, Boiardi introduced his product to the public in 1929. In 1938, production was moved to Milton, Pennsylvania, where Boiardi was able to maintain greater quality control over his products. He even grew his own tomatoes and mushrooms in the factory basement for use in his creations. Proud of his Italian heritage, Boiardi sold his products under the brand name “Chef Boy-Ar-Dee” so that his American customers could pronounce his name properly
him and the family.

4kNSf.jpg
[/IMG]

B : IT IS a cream skimmers to lift the cream off of settled milk.
back when your milk came straight from the field.
zhmHt.jpg
[/IMG]

E: is a Zinc butter cooler .
a little water around in the base and the butter doesn't melt. same as a butter bell.
xScI3.png
[/IMG]

The two chefs in the picture that you may know is .
the man in black is Fernand Point and to his left is Paul Bocuse.
jenW5.jpg
[/IMG]

back when your milk came straight from the field.

I was getting milk still hot, it was so fresh, not so long ago, it is still available where I come from, fat as hell...
But I never seen anyone using that kinda funky equipment.

Back