Quantcast
A Bunch of J-nats
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Bunch of J-nats

A Bunch of J-nats

I have been collecting and using natural sharpening stones for the better part of 4 years. In that time I have amassed enough stones to last a family of blade smiths a lifetime. Some of these have not even seen the light of day in over a year, so I have decided to begin liquidating. I will begin small at first, so check back often, as I want to eventually liquidate about 60% of my current stones. Keep in Mind that I am NOT a photographer, so my photos suck. On top of that, I just noticed that most of them have quite a lot of noise, so are overly grainy.

All asking prices do not include shipping or paypal fees (which I am willing to split). If you do a bank transfer then I will cover the shipping.

To begin:

Here is a full set of J-nat Edge pro stones ($375). The entire set cost me approximately $750.00 (Mostly Due to the High Quality Finishing stones). I am also willing to break up the set if anyone is interested in a single stone.

Stone List is as Follows from Most coarse to most fine (From Left to Right):

1 Kayushu Ohmura: Approximately 300grit speed-finishes in the 500grit range.

1 Amakusa Red: Approximately 800 grit speed-finishes in the 1k range

2 Igarashi- Approximately 1k speed and 1-2k finish

1.25 Aoto- There are 3 of these, 2 unused and 1 slightly used- All approximately 3k

2 Belgian Blue (This one has a small cut at one end but does not affect sharpening)

1 Tsushima Nagura: Approximately 5-7K finish

1 Hideriyama Namito (There are 2 of these and are extra thick)-Excellent 10K Finish

2 Hideriyama Renge Suita: Finishes 8-10K

2 Nakayama Kiita to Light Asagi- 10-15K Finish with an exceptional edge

1.5 Ozuku Asagi (Traveler Stones bought from Maxim): 1 of these is unmounted the other is mounted to an edge pro blank- Spectacular 15-20K finish

Next:
    Both of these were bought from Mark at ****:

Ozuku Pure Asagi (8x3x1.25) ($250.00): This is a hard stone (Lv 4)- can be a bit scratchy on knives, but if used correctly provides a good finish- Final finisher for knives and pre-polisher for straight razors. Stone is already sealed and lapped.

Ozuku (8x3x1.25) ($230.00): This is a hard stone (Lv 4)- can be a bit scratchy on knives, but if used correctly provides a good finish- Final finisher for knives and pre-polisher for straight razors. Stone is already sealed and lapped.

Next:
    Stone From Dr. Naka:

Large Aizu (8.25x3x2.5)($350): This is a very rare stone that I really hate to sell, but as of right now it is just taking up space. It has a finish between 1.5-2.5K and is also exceptionally fast. Stone is sealed and lapped. Reviews of similar stones can be found on Maxims web site, Dr. Nakas website, and from Darkhoek creative culinarian.

Next:
    Stones bought from Maxim at JNS:

Small Binsui (7.75x2.51.5) ($75)- This stone is exceptional, with rare and sought after green clouds. These increase the speed of the stone without detracting from the fineness. Approximately 1-2k stone and very fast for its grit range.
    Note: the black ring around the top is actually Sharpie marker!!! Not Inclusion or Skin. This can be removed at purchasers request. As can all writing.

Ohira Lv4 (8.25x3x1.25) ($290): This is a great final finisher for knives, bringing out a deep contrast between jigane and hagane. It also makes a perfect pre-polisher for straight razors. It has no inclusions, is lapped sealed and ready to go.

Shoubudani Pure dark Asagi-Type 100 (LV5 in hardness) (6.5x 2.25x .85) ($90): I know this is a kitchen knife forum, but a few of us are also straight razor shavers. This is an exceptional quality Shoubudani pure asagi with absolutely no inclusions. This is a final finisher for straight razors and is not suitable for use on knives. This provides my straights a better edge than even my 30k shapton or my Escher. Stone is not sealed, but is lapped and prepped for work with a glass smooth finished surface.

At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Small Binsui Sold, Pending Payment. Thank you

Someone should grab that Aizu, those are superb stones and not available anymore , price is just unbeatable .

Oh mamma mia that aizu is sweet. I used it at Maksims class in Danmark and it felt soooo good, so much better stone than Binsui.
    If I can just sell something else quickly....

I'll take the Aizu if it is still available.

Shoubudani Pure Asagi- Type 100 is sold pending payment. Thanks. Chris

I'm going to drop the price on the Ozuku Pure Asagi From $250 to $230 plus paypal fees and shipping. And drop the other Ozuku From $230 to $210 plus paypal fees and shipping.
    Thanks
    Chris

Ohira is sold Pending payment. Thanks. Chris

Aizu is sold pending Payment. Thanks so much. Chris

Edge Pro Mounted Ozuku is Sold pending Payment. Thanks. Chris.

Remaining edge pro set includes unmounted ozuku. New price: $325 for entire remaining set.

+ Reply to Thread