Greetings from Little Rock!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Greetings all! Decided to join you all here so I can ask questions, or maybe answer a question if I feel like I need to expose exactly how little I know :laugh:

I've been a lurker here for a few months, trying to learn about these amazing tools. You all helped me choose my last knife (I did a lot of digging through old posts): Suisin Inox Honyaki 240MM wa-gyuto (wishing I had gotten the 270 though).

I had considered another knife that, at the time, I thought prettier...but after reading so many comments about the SIH, I decided that was the right one for me. Had it for about 4 months now and must say it is quite an eye opener...esp since I thought my eyes had already been opened by my previous gyuto...which I now understand is more of an entry-level purchase (Masamoto VG10 210mm yo-gyuto). I came to it from Cook's Illustrated magazine.

I'm extremely pleased with my SIH and have a bit of difficulty foreseeing a need to replace it with anything else.

I'm very excited about being able to interact with the amazing experts on this forum...and possibly even learning enough that I could contribute some day.

Welcome!! Honestly at this point, it's not about replacing anything, but adding to. At least in my experience :D

Welcome!! Honestly at this point, it's not about replacing anything, but adding to. At least in my experience :D

I'm very afraid this is altogether true! I'm on the hunt for a wa-petty now.

Have been thinking about gifting my older knives...anyone have thoughts on that? I have a 4" henckels parer, a couple of rada stamped knives (small cleaver and a 10" ham slicer"), and a Dexter cleaver that I just never could get used to.

Latest posts

Back