New Green & Blue Stabilized Maple Burl - FREE SHIPPING

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding a bunch more new blocks of dyed & stabilized Maple Burl to our web store.
Very unusual looking blocks. Professionally dyed and stabilized by K&G so you know it was done right.
Click on the photo to go to the section of the store where the dyed Maple burl is located.

Don't forget;
If you are a member of the knife forums you can have a 10% discount off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.
or
If you are a repeat customer you can have a 20% discount off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my repeat customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

Free Shipping Worldwide!

Payment for store purchases are processed using PayPal.
If you would prefer to make payment over the phone with a card we can do that as well. Just add the items you want to get to your shopping cart. Complete the checkout process. When you get to payment method select check/money order. In the notes section state that you will be paying over the phone with a card.

Mark, you have more of my money than I do. You're killing me man!

So flamboyant! Would be perfect with a beautiful KU or sumi blade. I need a Takeda or Takayuki, stat!

I just finished adding about a dozen more blue blocks to the store.
These are a bit more unusual than the normal unusual stuff.
There was a bunion type Maple burl cap that had been used as a landscape piece outside my office for over a year. I would walk past it daily and never really noticed it. One day the sunlight hit it just right and I finally noticed what had been under my nose for months.

This is what it looked like prior to cutting.
a20791c138b5c901aaae0a_l.jpg

Then I made a few cuts to see what was inside.
mc004.jpg

mc005.jpg

Great figure but the color was sort of bland.
So.....when I sent it to K&G to get it stabilized, I asked them to dye it blue.
Here is how it turned out.

[video=youtube_share;4H5au_hppus]http://youtu.be/4H5au_hppus[/video]

The New Blue Blocks are in the Stabilized Maple Section on the 2nd and 3rd pages.

Back