Post your favourite recipe.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm2hill

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be honest. I don't own a cookbook, I don't have a collection of recipes, I just throw things in or I use the google machine to find something. It sounds like some of you have some great recipes and while some of you are going to be sharing them in the KKF Cookbook, I'd really like to hear or get privy to some.

Come September after summer's training is over and I don't have to diet anymore I just want to eat. I want to eat lots. With lots of variety too. I'm getting real sick of chicken souvlaki.

So please if you can, either PM your favourite recipe if you don't want to post it or post it here and I promise to take pictures when I cook it.

and if this thread exists and I can't see it, direct me there!

Here is one of my favorite recipes for a simple comfort food. My grandma used to make this for me when we were kids.

You need a 13 oz box of elbow macaroni, a 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes, a half pound of bacon, salt & garlic salt.

I cook my macaroni and when it's al dente I drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking. While your pasta is cooking fry your bacon and drain reserving the drippings. In another pot tear your tomatoes by hand into small chunks (I like San Marzano tomatoes), and add your macaroni and begin heating it up. Stir in a shot of drippings and when it's hot tear your bacon into the pot then season with salt and garlic salt to taste. Now all you have to do is enjoy!!!

I'm playing with a few recipes at the moment, I'll post when I find a tweek I can live with :p

I'm just the oposite... I lost track after 475 cookbooks... I need another book cabinet...

Back