Quantcast
Food Truck Competition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Truck Competition

Food Truck Competition

Food truck are getting pretty big here in Fort Worth. The Texas Department of Agriculture sponsored 3 Food Truck Competitions this past weekend. 2 in Austin and 1 here in Cowtown.

I was lucky enough to be a judge at the one here in Fort Worth. The food was all excellent! Plus, it was a lot of fun.

This is probably the first benefit I have had from my "actions shots" that I was posting on the knife forums turning into a blog.

Here are some pics of some of the food I was eating, I mean Judging!

Yum! Such a bummer that Keller is being a cranky pack of weirdos and disallowing the food truck park up there. They said they are afraid the trucks will displace local brick and mortar restaurants--absurd. The trucks up here(as opposed to Austin) are crazy elite. They are all nicer than some of the actual kitchens I've worked in.

Good times. There is a lot full of them Wednesdays by my wife's work. Great food.

Wish I had known about this event!

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Good times. There is a lot full of them Wednesdays by my wife's work. Great food.
    Is that over at the OC Marketplace? I always wanted to go to that but never got a chance before I moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Is that over at the OC Marketplace? I always wanted to go to that but never got a chance before I moved.
    Teller lot in Irvine.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/food-truck-roundup-irvine
    Usually 8-10 trucks there. Hope things are going well for you. If I remember correctly you moved from riverside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Here is a link to the story we did on the event.
    It was at the Cowtown Chow Down food truck park in Fort Worth. I think there is a link to the location in the story.

Steve, you don't look like you were enjoying yourself at all - lol. I'm sure that was a fantastic afternoon of great food.

Looks amazing !

... i've never had anything from food truck in my life (real shame considering that i live in LA). i really want to have food truck food during my lunch, but we don't enough time to go to food trucks in the area.

when i do, i will post photos too!

Any recommendations for food trucks in LA?