Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Konosuke Special Order Reviews

Holy sweetness!!!! I will trade my entire collection for those beaut's!!! Absolutely love the ebony handle/ blonde ferrule combo! I picked up a 240 HD recently (just regulation- nothing custom), and absolutely love it! Am now intrigued by the white #2....please post some long term comparisons of the steels....would be very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    i am not a big fan of the stock handle the HD's come with unfortunately
    Me neither! I actually hate them with a passion in the looks department...not a fan of the black 'cap' on the butt at all (which is why I had to go ebony for my HD).

Not sure why they don't just use the same handles from the white#2 series...probably trying too hard to differentiate between lines. They are simple, traditional-looking octagonal handles(magnolia?) that taper towards the ferrule...they feel great and are sized perfectly.

im glad im not the only one who thinks that way cad. i just think they look tacky and am glad i went with ebony

I must say, I have read many a complaint of the HD handle; its too small; its ugly; etc...

I gotta say, I rather like it, as it has grown on me. The hybrid oval/ octagonal shape is super comfortable, and the size seems just right, considering how light the knives really are.

The ebony handle with blond horn looks Sweeeet !! When I order my HD Gyuto, this is the combo that I will go for. Thanks for the initial review and updates and I look forward to seeing any videos that you could post.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hey! What happened to the pics!!!

oops. i was moving some stuff around in photobucket and moved them to a different folder. ill edit my post when i get home from work tomorrow