Quantcast
wedding band/rings - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wedding band/rings

I hate rings yet I tried to wear my wedding band but with a job that I have to take it off for it just got worn less and less until never. My wife has nudged me once in awhile over it but I think she understands.

Back to the subject, I would remove it before doing any scuzzy work and for washing up.

I don't take it off. No reason to.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by spinblue View Post
    Count me in that group. I lost one band already, that's one too many. I was sure I put it in a safe place. Yeah, so safe I can't find the darn thing. Yeah, it's safe, safe from me.
    You know, Del make make you a cool new one

My job doesn't allow it, but I wear it at home, even when I cook.

I used to hate taking it off for work, but it is a great way to remind myself of my wedding vows, and I get to contemplate that every day. Lots of people wear one every day, but not everyone gets to be reminded of it!

I used to wear a bracelet and that got super hot and i dont wear it anymore, I do take of my ring at times esp when I clean my hands. The faucit handle fits the ring perfectly so i slide it on there so I dont loose it.

Though I'm not married I do have an engagement ring that I wear on a chain. I subscribe to the notion that nothing should be on your hands and wrists. Hygiene and safety always comes first.

I never take it off.

I broke my hand really badly a few years back (multiple surgeries/pins/etc) and stopped wearing my ring for about 6-9 months and never got used to wearing it subsequently. I keep the band on my keyring instead, my wife doesn't seem to mind...

+1 on jewelry getting hot. I have gotten burned by my wedding band while sauteeing before (no longer wear it to work); also as above mentioned, metal bracelets tend to conduct enough heat in a pro kitchen to cause minor burns...

I wear a gold cross around my neck, and once was reaching over a 500 degree oven; it apparently heated up while dangling; needless to say, when I stood up, I got a nice burn on my chest.....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I've never worn a ring of any kind, wedding or other. Purely a safety issue. When I married, I offered to have a band tattooed on my finger, but my wife said she understood my reasons and not to bother.
    Exact same situation as me!!!

+ Reply to Thread