Quantcast
Scared of Sharpening? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Scared of Sharpening?

Will you use THE WHEEL?

Yeah, use the wheel and then make Jon clean up afterwords!!

I think it's a great idea to have Sara sharpen. First, then JKI will be able to say things like, 'Would you like yours finished by Jon or our resident Japanese sharpener from Yamagata-ken?' Over time people will probably also assume Jon learnt from Sara. ... It will also keep Sara busy, instead of hiding between the display cases.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    years of mistakes together with a good chef in japan and a lot of time with the sharpening professionals in sakai and knifemakers all across japan
    That's it!?? ... Just kidding. Yup, I'd say that that should just about do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    I think it's a great idea to have Sara sharpen. First, then JKI will be able to say things like, 'Would you like yours finished by Jon or our resident Japanese sharpener from Yamagata-ken?' Over time people will probably also assume Jon learnt from Sara. ... It will also keep Sara busy, instead of hiding between the display cases.

That's it!?? ... Just kidding. Yup, I'd say that that should just about do it!
    this is the award winning idea... I have a feeling that Jon will be soon spending more time on a beach and cry in the corner...

Hmm... Well, my suggestion is that we turn Jon into a 窓際族. I believe you have a nice glass shop front, don't you? He can observe the passersby.

... soon enough he will be jealous with my sharpening skills.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    well? How did it go???
    Chewie's the man.

.... okay, I'm done with one side of a knife. Now ready to go back to sharpening and finishing it!