Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alfredo Sauce recipie??

I melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan, add 2 cloves minced garlic and let it simmer on low for a bit to infuse the flavor. Then I add 1 pint of heavy whipping cream and warm over medium heat, once hot I slowly fold in 1 cup of freshly grated Reggiano (it not freshly grated it doesn't melt as well). It will seem a little thin at first, but thickens in a few minutes. Finish it off with several grinds of white pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and pour over hot fettuccini noodles.

I find that the timing of all of this works out really well with the cook time of pasta (3min). When I add my fresh pasta to the water at the same time I add my garlic to the butter, dinner is less than 5 minutes from being on the table.

This is a very rich and creamy sauce, just what you were looking for I believe. Thinking about it makes my mouth water and my gallbladder hurt at the same time.
    Dump some shrimp scampi on top of this and I am in heaven.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

I guess I took forever to write that.

Looks like Francesco uses pretty much the same recipe, its a good one.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

much more awesomer
    GMTA

I don't add garlic, but that sounds darn tasty, too.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

I may try this today to go with my steak

much more awesomer
    Oh, it's a bit rich for pairing up!

My oldest best friend and I call this KMN food. As in: slouched back in the chair saying, "Kill me now..." Then again, I've always thought the recipe amount of 100 grams of pasta per serving to be a crock of siht. For red sauce pasta my dad and I always had 225+ g each (and we've always been skinny); for Alfredo maybe 150 to 200 g each.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Steak and Fettuccine Alfredo, that'll put you in a food coma for sure. Just add some garlic toast and you're set.

Steak also pairs well with Alfredo enriched with bleu cheese

Didn't get to the grocery store, so I'm doing steak and cheesy mashed potatoes I can't stand Blue Cheese for some reason??

much more awesomer
    Steak with Boursin and port reduction, perhaps?
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Went to the store. Parm Reggiano, Asiago and Fontina cheeses, Shitake Mushrooms, heavy cream, fettucine noodles and garlic/herb/wine marinade for the chicken breast tenderloin. Gonna be a good dinner!!!

much more awesomer
    Sounds great!

OT: is there a reason I can't edit my posts in this thread? I just noticed the HTML entities for the fractions (½ and ¾) I was typing in one post did not work for some reason but I can't edit them now.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky