Cheap Batch Saya Material

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
These are for sale as a 5 set batch CHEAP. About the cost of one set.
The wood is flamed or curly redwood that were cut offs from when I was cutting handle blocks like the block shown in the middle of the photo.
The handle block is not included. It is just to give an idea how this looks when finished.
There are 5 pairs of pieces that are just over 12 inches long, about 1/4 inch thick and ranging in width from 1&7/8 inches to just over 2&1/2 inches wide. They are not book matched sets so they will not be a mirror image of each other but they will be real close.

Cost is $50 plus shipping. $5 US or $15 international. Payment by Paypal is easiest for me.

1st person to post "I'll take them" here in this thread gets them.
Please post here in the thread so everyone else can know what is going on.

004-6.jpg

Michael, They are not stabilized. Your PM box is full so I sent you an email.

These go to Kalaeb because he was 1st to say I will take them.
Michael, please check your email.

These take an easy soak in tung oil and they are good to go. Lets me practice before Mark puts up the good stuff. Michael, if you want a piece shoot me a pm.

These take an easy soak in tung oil and they are good to go. Lets me practice before Mark puts up the good stuff. Michael, if you want a piece shoot me a pm.

Since you made your post in the special request thread I have started cutting up some of the good stuff for saya material.
Redwood root, Redwood burl, Walnut and Yew so far.

Back