Yoshikane gyutos. how are they?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
the Yoshikane V2 sure looks nice, but the specs make it seem a bit thick, at least at the heel. does anybody know how it actually performs? i'm a bit allergic to wedging, but i've found that heel spine thickness and wedging aren't necessarily related. my beloved 270 Mizuno is my benchmark, i wouldn't want to buy anything that doesn't perform as well as the Mizuno. thanks!

A poor man's Shigefusa with almost the exact same profile. At least the 240. Fit and finish is superb. A little thick at the shoulders where the Shigefusa grind and distal taper is really nice. It may wedge.

how easily is it thinned? i'm more than willing to put some work into it, but i don't want to spend a hundred hours on it. :)

how easily is it thinned? i'm more than willing to put some work into it, but i don't want to spend a hundred hours on it. :)

Belt sander would be a right tool for a job, but the knife will need refinishing afterward.

if it'll take a belt sander, it's probably thicker than i want.

Back