What is the last thing you bought?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
My 1967 Rolex GMT Master, which was last serviced in 2001, gave up the ghost today, so I bought a Citizen CA0020-56E at a good price to tide me over until I get it back (which could be a million years, with the way the dealer was talking about official repair times). I wouldn't have bought it, not after buying plane and hotel tickets for my honeymoon the other day, but I went without a watch today for the first time since I was 14 years old, and it drove me bonkers. Anybody else buy anything interesting lately?

I bought some sardines on Amazon.com last night.

good sardines? good sardines are definitely interesting.
I hope so, Wild Planet sustainably caught California sardines. The blog sardine society gave it a good review as a gateway sardine.

Surly Disc Trucker from my LBS ok well I still owe $300 on it... my old coins didn't quite cover it...

I bought a fairly large diamond ring on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't find out if I have to return it or not until the first weekend in August, the waiting is killing me.

I bought a fairly large diamond ring on Sunday. Unfortunately I won't find out if I have to return it or not until the first weekend in August, the waiting is killing me.

good luck! i accidentally proposed, with no ring, and then we picked it out together. fortunately, the one she loved was less than my maximum!

I just bought a set of neon accent lights for my motorcycle.....Ryan

The Art of Japanese Sword Polishing from Amazon. It's in the mail.

My wife just bought a 1958 Airstream Overlander. We drive down to Arizona in a day or two to pick it up. Steely's post about train kitchens is giving me ideas.......

nice! JNS has great finger stones, and Jon Broida can suggest how to use them.
:) I bought some fingerstones and asano naguras from JNS a few days ago to take advantage of Maxim's sale. I'm hoping the book will help teach me how use them.

A small condominium, which is the first place I have ever owned.

(I suppose technically speaking I only own 20% of it!)

Did tou sell the edipus rolex for down payment? Btw, that goes in the will for you also; though the knives are worth more. I ordered a knife. Does that count?

I bought a blender for my GF today that would be my last credit card purchase. My real last interesting purchase was my tri-bike. 10 days owned and got about 150km on it. Happy so far.

Did tou sell the edipus rolex for down payment? Btw, that goes in the will for you also; though the knives are worth more.

Is this directed at Edipus or to me?

Please don't tell me Edipus is in your will also...it's enough that I will have to argue with your children.

Are you going to keep your new knife order a secret until it arrives?

I hope so, Wild Planet sustainably caught California sardines. The blog sardine society gave it a good review as a gateway sardine.

Their tuna is pretty good--haven't had the sardines.

Is this directed at Edipus or to me?

Please don't tell me Edipus is in your will also...it's enough that I will have to argue with your children.

Are you going to keep your new knife order a secret until it arrives?

wat

Last non work purchase for myself was....a wostenholm peerless straight razor from an antique shop. $26!

Last fun thing I bought was a Misono Swedish hankotsu, Korin summer sale was too enticing to pass up. I will probably be buying a new scale tomorrow, found out how inaccurate my current one is.

Last money I spent was on a hefty traffic ticket, not the best way to spend my money... Last thing I ordered is a set to customize my small ear phones, standard plugs don't work for me.

Stefan

A Burke 240mm Gyuto and a Samsung Blaze Cellphone (the previous one drowned on a lake!) This last expenditure was completely unplanned as you can imagine. :knight:

A Burke 240mm Gyuto and a Samsung Blaze Cellphone (the previous one drowned on a lake!) This last expenditure was completely unplanned as you can imagine. :knight:

The Burke or the phone? :D

Some guy had some cool looking chop stix, also bought a authenticator for swtor.

The phone! I marinated on purchasing (Saving, etc) that beauty (Burke knife) for a good part of the year! :doublethumbsup:

Back