Thuya Burl from Morocco Stabilized Blocks - Last Batch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This is my last batch of Stabilized Thuya Burl from Morocco. I don't know if or when I will be able to get any more of this wood.
This link will take you to where they are located in the web store.

Note: Some woods are easier to work with after stabilizing if allowed to sit for a few months before using them. That is the case with oilier woods like Thuya. Right now the block will feel slightly sticky. If you use it right away it tends to clog sand paper prematurely and is a bit more difficult to get a really good finish. For ease of working I suggest that you wait until early winter before using this block. Normally I would wait to post these in the store but this is from my last batch of Thuya burl and there have been several requests to make it available now.

Mark, I'd like to convince you that setting up a brick and mortar store in central North Carolina is in your best interests.

Mark, I'd like to convince you that setting up a brick and mortar store in central North Carolina is in your best interests.
I send a lot of wood to NC.
Seems to be a lot of knife makers out your way.

Mucho, sounds good to me. Quite a few from NC on here. Consider making it a pot luck since we don't have so far to travel. Mark, I meant in my shop :->

Mucho, sounds good to me. Quite a few from NC on here. Consider making it a pot luck since we don't have so far to travel. Mark, I meant in my shop :->
I think you already have a good start at building up the inventory.

Back