Quantcast
What would you do if you got "THE" Call? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if you got "THE" Call?

You just dropped the cash on a Burke so I will assume that money is not an issue.My Salty version meiji in 52100 was the best cutter I have owned and I have owned a couple of knives.There was a lot of name dropping in a few posts back and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I know Bob's grind/geometry in the custom I received was as good as it gets.That's just my personal opinion.Now as for the Turd he sent Scott,I seen it...... and sh!t should not have happened from any knife maker,just flat out BS!! So with that said I would most definitely order a Salty version in 52100 again if was in the market.

I'd get one.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

If I could afford it, I would order one.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I'd get one.
    +1 I have a "Kramer Fund" if the opportunity comes up.

I'd buy as many as I could afford and put em on eBay the next day....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    You just dropped the cash on a Burke so I will assume that money is not an issue.My Salty version meiji in 52100 was the best cutter I have owned and I have owned a couple of knives.There was a lot of name dropping in a few posts back and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I know Bob's grind/geometry in the custom I received was as good as it gets.That's just my personal opinion.Now as for the Turd he sent Scott,I seen it...... and sh!t should not have happened from any knife maker,just flat out BS!! So with that said I would most definitely order a Salty version in 52100 again if was in the market.
    Just out of curiosity, what was about that knife that made an impression on you?

We all seem to have evolved from German, to Japanese and some to US made knives, so we have seen many knives and can evaluate a knife by more than just a name of the maker, no?

To me, a profile on Kramer is way off (tried one and could not get used to it or understand it) and geometry is off (too much flex on the spine in the front 1/3). The grind was OK. I have no doubts that the knife has a great HT, but if a profile is not to your liking, how can one use the knife effectively? I would not be able to. Knowing what we know about knives it would make it even harder to justify money spent, unless you resell it for a profit.

That said, I admire Bob Kramer as a craftsman and his attention to detail.

Just my 2c.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what was about that knife that made an impression on you? We all seem to have evolved from German, to Japanese and some to US made knives, so we have seen many knives.

To me, profile on Kramer is off (tried one and could not get use to it or understand it) and geometry is off (too much flex in the front 1/3). I have no doubts that the knife has a great HT, but ifa profile is not to your liking, how can you use the knife effectively? I would not be able to, and knowing what we know about knives, would make it even harder to justify money spent, unless you turn around and sell it.

Just my 2c.

M
    The second one that was made was not a Kramer profile,it was Scott's profile.Mine had only the first inch with any annoying flex.The grind/geometry on mine spot on. I wish I was not such a greedy bastard and still had the knife to study the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    The second one that was made was not a Kramer profile,it was Scott's profile.Mine had only the first inch with any annoying flex.The grind/geometry on mine spot on. I wish I was not such a greedy bastard and still had the knife to study the grind.
    I remember that knife. It was thinner than Scott's and much, much thinner than another Kramer I have seen and handled, distal taper drastically increasing from the middle of the blade to the tip.

I have the outline of Scott's Kramer profile if you want. Grind on Kramer you had was probably very similar to how you grind your knives.

M

Did you trace his first kramer or the second one?

I have both, the original Scott's and the modified Scott's. I will look for it and send it to you.