Quantcast
What would you do if you got "THE" Call? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do if you got "THE" Call?

Sent

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

So reading both of your recent comments has me curious about the appeal of the Kramer knife balance. The one I tried was definitely a little flexy for my taste....IE quite tapered. By the same token, the handle seemed very large...larger than my taste but also larger than most. How does he keep the balance from being biased to the butt end...take material out of the tang?

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy9977 View Post
    I'd buy as many as I could afford and put em on eBay the next day....Ryan
    Yup. I've no desire to own one. The reg profile gives me the shivers, that SAlty version was pretty sweet though.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

There are other makers who are clearly just as good and a better value, but if given the chance, I would probably order one. It wouldn't be anything like he's made before though... I'd definitely have to dream up something crazy. The question wouldn't be if I'd order it, it would be how long I would keep it before selling it for enough to buy a custom from every other maker on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    So reading both of your recent comments has me curious about the appeal of the Kramer knife balance. The one I tried was definitely a little flexy for my taste....IE quite tapered. By the same token, the handle seemed very large...larger than my taste but also larger than most. How does he keep the balance from being biased to the butt end...take material out of the tang?

I think the reason you see these size handles on Kramer knives is that he tries to balance knives at the ferrule. I would bet that most people here use a pinch grip and prefer knives blade heavy (and handles tad smaller).

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com