Japanese Knives What's going on with this .....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
JKI Grind stone.jpg

It's been a month since you teased us with this pic. Surely you have it set up by now.

actually, my custom plastic still isnt done... that reminds me to call them today and see whats up with that.

... oh that stone. Jon finds all sorts of excuse to spend money on stones. Stop cheering for him, guys :( !

i called the plastics company today and it seems that my custom plastic piece will be ready this afternoon

... oh that stone. Jon finds all sorts of excuse to spend money on stones. Stop cheering for him, guys :( !
:) I worry what will happen to my stones when I die. I can't bring myself to tell my wife or kids what they're worth. At least I think they know the knives are worth something.

Yeah, but if it was a clear, sparkly stone, you would be happy!! LOL. Let him have his muddy messy stones and make him buy you more clear and sparkly ones!

i called the plastics company today and it seems that my custom plastic piece will be ready this afternoon

they lied to me... next week it seems. They had some last minute questions :(

could have asked me on the phone when i called to check if it was ready yet

:) I worry what will happen to my stones when I die. I can't bring myself to tell my wife or kids what they're worth. At least I think they know the knives are worth something.

Just tell them they have drastically appreciated in value since you bought them. Like old comic books.

Lol.
Honey, can you believe this stone? I paid what... like 40 bucks for it last year? It now appears to be worth about 225....used!

Sweet! How aggressive is this thing? You use this for beefy stock removal or what?

Oh screw it, just make a video!

its pretty agressive... i've got a couple stones for it and the coarser one is on now. Scratches clean up easily on my 400 (or 600 or 800... i've got lots of coarse stones)

This is going to be so cool. Can't wait until you get a video of this in action.

I have 100# olympic plates for my barbells in the basement if you need practice! :zipper: I haven't lifted in almost 10 years, but I used to need the 100# because I ran out of 45# plates :) The 100# wheels are no joke!!! Yikes!

Where's the video?? :detective: :dontknow: :sofa: :cliffhang: :begging:

Sorry, just discovered the MORE page for smileys :)

Back