Thread: New 10" TC blade

New 10" TC blade

I'm putting up fore sale a 10" chef knife made by TC blades. It's a O1 blade with copper and brass mokume fittings, ebony handle and Acacia wood saya. This blade is new, never used. It was a remake as the first blade he sent me was poorly heat-treated. I'm sure he put forth every best effort he could to make sure this blade (new one, not just the old one fixed) was made perfectly, It's a beautiful blade. But that sad the whole ordeal with him left a bad taste in my mouth for his work and the new blade has sat in a draw unused ever since. I know there are many people here who think very highly of his work and rightfully so. That's why I'm selling it so that it might go to a good home. I think I payed $550 for the blade back then, maybe more? From looking at his sight this blade would costs about $750.00 to have made now, that would be without the mokume so more??
    I'll put it up here for $450 shipped U.S. with tracking to see if any of you want it. If I get no takers I'll put it up on eBay next week with a starting bid of 300, if you would rather try your luck that way.
    I will ship it out side the U.S, but you must pay the shiping charges.

Interesting profile....
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. - Lawrence

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Colin, how tall is it @ the heel?

Wow, very interesting. It's got that Kramer'esque profile....great price, Colin! Wondering how's the geometry? I remember the original TC's were single bevels and thick like debas...

Well, if I still had a job (lol), I would have definately grabbed this. Good luck!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Does this help?

That's a beautiful knife.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Wow what a beaut, like the profile. Just wish you posted this next mo. it would have been a great gift to myself.

Gl with the sale.
    Chewie's the man.

This post is a month old. Is the knife still available?

I am pretty sure he sold it on ebay