sangria recipe?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markenki

Reaction score
I like red wine but my wife doesn't. She does like sangria. Anybody got a good recipe they could share?

Knife content: the fruit will need to be cut up. :)

Thanks,

Mark

I don't have a traditional recipe or family recipe to relate, but the basic components of the sangria I've made are as follows:

Bottle of red wine
a few glugs of brandy
a few glugs of triple sec
a couple tsp of extra fine sugar
sliced oranges, peaches, and lemon
chilled water to taste

mix chill and serve.

You could make it sweeter with some added OJ....make it more tart with lime juice...change up the fruit, such as sliced apples, limes, add frozen grapes. You could use sparkling water instead of still....generally play with it and have fun.

When it comes to the fruit, the sky is the limit. Halved or quartered strawberries, watermelon balls, really ripe pears and plums. And of course sliced red grapes are always tasty.

I usually chop up whatever fruit I'm gonna use, throw them in a pitcher with a few healthy glugs of brandy or I usually use some nice dark rum and a bit of sugar. Muddle a bit to get the oils from the skins etc in the booze, and let that sit in the fridge overnight. Next day add your wine (I like Bota Box for cheap wine.) You can add straight wine, or add some fruity soda (fresca or sprite etc) or seltzer. Never made it the same way twice, so you just play around with it till it's great.

Sangria for red or white

Inexpensive wine: Vella bag-in-a-box

1 part orange liqueur: Torres Gran Orange is the best or Triple sec works OK
1 part brandy (Spanish brandy is best but E&J California will do
to five parts of wine

So if a 750 ml bottle of wine is 25 oz. add 5 oz each of orange liqueur and brandy

Add 1 part simple syrup - spiced simple syrup for red wine, plain for white wine

Simple Syrup:
2 parts sugar
1 part water
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water.
3. Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
4. Allow to cool completely. You can put it in a bottle.
For spiced simple syrup just add a little cinnamon. I’ve also added a pinch or so of nutmeg.
Taste and see if the mixture is sweet enough. If not, add a bit more syrup.
Mix everything up and chill.

Add chopped fruits of your choice: pears, apples and sliced lime and oranges which have soaked a little in a similar mixture of liqueur and brandy.

Just before serving add a nice shot of club soda to thin out the sangria and give it a slight frizzante. Serve over lots of ice.

Peachy Sangria
Ingredients:
•1 Bottle of white wine (Riesling, Albarino, Chablis, Gewurztraminer, Rioja, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
•1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
•1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer your Sangria)
•2 sliced peaches (frozen peach slices work well)
•1 sliced orange
•1/2 mango peeled and sliced
•1/2 liter of ginger ale

Preparation:

Pour wine and Schnapps in the pitcher and add sliced peach, orange, and mango. Next add sugar and stir gently. Chill mixture for at least one hour. Add ginger ale or club soda just before serving.

Back