This is what I married!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
001-97.jpg

She left the pit in the knife and did not clean the board.Man do I need an up grade.

WIFE:D.......She treats EVERYTHING just like that.

Lol. Luckily my wife has been an angel in how she has treated my growing collection. Now my MIL, on the other hand....

True story...when I first started buying J knives, she was here to watch our kids. When we got home we found she had made a PB&J, and sliced some oranges for the kids.....with my first carbon yanagi. Left it lying on the board with peanut butter and juice all over it.

this is why you make a cabinet with laminated glassdoors and lock and leave the ikea knife for wife.
:wink:

5.jpg

this is why you make a cabinet with laminated glassdoors and lock and leave the ikea knife for wife.
:wink:

5.jpg

WOW - I actually thought that was a picture at a knife shop. That is a pretty serious setup. Very cool. I would probably forget where I put the key and lose it - lol.

Mario,

That sucks. My wife knows better than to use my carbon knives, but I am afraid that someday she will figure out how much nicer it is to cut with a sharp knife and now I need to make sure I tell the babysitter to stay away from the knife block too.

Yeah, that's INOX, as in "inoxidable". It should clean off easily enough, at least.

I came in the kitchen one night and found hubby soaking knives in the sink. At least they were some of the "stainless" ones. My handles have needed oil much less frequently since I lit into him for that one...:viking:

Damn! My girlfriend is great with knives... or atleast now after i donated my 240 kagayaki to her kitchen, cleans it like it's a carbon and uses an endgrain board, true story! :)

Yeah, my wife errs on the side of caution and washes, then dries immediately. What can I say? I got lucky!

Damn! My girlfriend is great with knives... or atleast now after i donated my 240 kagayaki to her kitchen, cleans it like it's a carbon and uses an endgrain board, true story! :)

nice catch. keep :)

RRLOVER - make her oil your cutting board as punishment. :D It's looking a little dry. At least it was INOX and not shirogami.

Cause it not a wife yet :):)

On the one hand, stuff like that happens all the time in my house, and not just with knives.
On the other hand, her first son died in a car crash at the age of two, her mom had cancer 9 times before it took her, and her sister died from cancer at the age of 50. And I get laid whenever I want, or need.
She, and I, have a different perspective on whats important.

Somehow I feel there is a gene involved in all this. If I were a neuroscientist I would definitely be looking at the people who don't get taking care of stuff as a source for epidemiology studies.

that's so cute!

hey, she might have done it with some purposes - wives know more than husbands. Maybe she just wanted to point out that she is now ready to buy you a new knife. :justkidding:

I am thinking maybe a little more time together in the kitchen.
As I have gotten better knives I have spent a lot more time cooking.
Now, I am usually the one who cooks dinner because I enjoy it.
As my wife watches how I treat the knives and cutting board her perspective on them has changed quite a bit.

Now, I have more fun cooking and I have turned into a pretty good cook..
My wife knows why I treat the knives and such with special care.
She happily does extra stuff for me because I have taken on doing something that she would normally have to do.

His and her knives at my house.

That is her knife.I gave her a TKC and the suisin 180 petty.She does not touch my knives.I am more upset about the funk left on the boardsmith then the knife.

His and her knives at my house.

Haha, same here! Although my wife has definitely gotten better in the last year. The worst is trying to cook at my parents' place. The drawer those knives exist in must be some sort of kitchen knife hell where blades go to be punished for eternity. Nothing I say or do seems to have any impact on my mom either, so if I intend to do any cooking there, I have to bring my own knives (and watch them like a hawk so they don't end up somewhere that will destroy them) or endure the nerve-shredding torture of using those poor, sad blades.

Back