Page 133 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3666

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Love it, Rick.

Received this Ichimonji santoku profile paring knife as a gift last week. Really fun and interesting knife to work with. I'm surprised how well the profile works for paring duty. Patina provided by a case of strawberries.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6914619e.jpg

Zakuri Sabaki Bocho in Blue #1

My real latest knife is Zakuri Sabaki Bocho in Blue #1 with 150mm blade (from JKI - thanks Jon ). It is a boning knife with rather substantial blade - the with at the heel is 4.7mm this drops to 3.3mm half-way towards the tip and is still 1.5mm 1cm from the tip. So it is a very strong blade with zero flex.

Since the handle is very light the knife feels a bit blade-heavy. I recently got a D-shaped burned chestnut handle I may consider having install on this knife - it is slightly thicker than the original. I may even consider adding a bit of weight at the end of the handle to balance the knife to my taste, but that is to be seen.

Jon warned me that the fit & finish is bait on the rough side, but I actually like it that way - a real utility knife for those tougher tasks. The handle is nicely finished though. I also find that Kurouchi finish fits the knife very well.

I have to use it yet though - may give it a quick 'bite-up' on a 6000 stone as while the cutting edge is sharp, it gives rather 'polished' feel.

Anyhow - here it is!

Love my Zakuri from Jon and was able to get it a bit sharper even with my newbie sharpening skills. It seems really easy to sharpen.

I love that Zakuri!

My newest (Takeda 240) is a cutting monster...I love it.

Needs some tip work and a much larger handle.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

His handles are always too small IMO.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Nice chinacats! I would strongly recommend a handle from mhenry on the takeda!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Quote Originally Posted by tripleq View Post
    Received this Ichimonji santoku profile paring knife as a gift last week. Really fun and interesting knife to work with. I'm surprised how well the profile works for paring duty. Patina provided by a case of strawberries.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6914619e.jpg
    This looks quite like this:

http://www.messerkontor.eu/KOCHMESSE...4_700_742.html

Devin 270 San Mai

These pictures don't do Devin's work justice... Very happy with this new addition
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks amazing Anton