nice combo. and very fitting
Really cool, Magnus! You're on a roll right now
That really is an amazing gyuto, congrats!
Well its not a knife. but next best thing, a moster razor from Max Sprecher in carbon fiber and stone wedge. size 10/8
Very nice, Maxim! I'm still kinda mad at myself for not popping by his shop, in March.
Please humour me, who's Mike/Mike? Is that one of the custom makers here?
Very beautiful knife?
Mike Henry--Knife Handle Craftman Extraordinaire
Mike Davis--Blade Smith to the Gods
One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.
Here is my latest purchase(s) from Watanabe. I have a fairly big collection of knives - 80+ but for more years than I care to admit Watanabe has been my core set of daily users. These were split between pre and post summer vacation orders so I've had time to use some of them. All are pro series, mostly with small tweaks that I wanted to make based upon my experience with my last set. There are still 2 more pieces to come. The ones pictured are (left to right):
- Santoku. Kasumi finish. 180mm. Blue steel. Super thin and light. I have always enjoyed using santoku (can I get banned for admitting that?) and I'm happy to say that this is my best one ever. Hands down.
- Mioroshi deba. 210mm. Blue steel.
- Yanagiba. 270mm. White steel.
- Sujihiki 300mm. Blue steel.
- Wa-gyuto 240mm. Blue steel.
- Ryodeba 180mm. Blue steel.
- Ryodeba extra, extra, heavy. 150mm. Blue steel. I call this one 'the hammer'.
I will post the other two when they arrive and I plan on reviewing some of these sometime in the future as well.