Page 157 of 367 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3666

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    I order this Heiji SS gyuto with thinner grind & rounded spine/choil. Nakaya San said he had grinding blade little by little with carefully; he think this is almost a limit of the steel, any further thinner it becomes too weak for some cutting task!!

knife before hand engrave Heiji kanji & handle

That looks awesome Charles! How's she cut?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    That looks awesome Charles! How's she cut?
    great so far!! I only used it to cut few things, no sticking on potato, no wedge on large carrot & no food reactive on onion.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

That looks great Charles.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Here's my new Nick Wheeler parer. Nick is a popular bladesmith over on Bladeforums, and recently offered this little parer for sale. I know oftentimes when folks known for hunters/bowies/fighters branch into the kitchen knife arena, they end up with really thick blades that don't work well in the kitchen. Not so with this little knife from Nick. Nice and thin, really sharp, fits the hand really well, just does a nice job. Just got through peeling/slicing ginger, and dicing some shiitake mushrooms for a curry for supper, and it was great.
    Here's a pic:

The blade:

Didn't get it as clean as I thought I did.

Did I mention that it is small? Between my Rader and McGhee/Guinea Hog parers:

That's where that Rader lives... good company

Nice handle on that Rader

Wheeler is a beast, nice grab Reede, I was tempted by that knife as well. Charles that Heiji is a beautify, that knife has definitely been added to my bucket list.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I order this Heiji SS gyuto with thinner grind & rounded spine/choil. Nakaya San said he had grinding blade little by little with carefully; he think this is almost a limit of the steel, any further thinner it becomes too weak for some cutting task!!

The choil looks a good bit like my Shig, after I reworked it. I honestly don't think the Shig cuts as well as my regular Heijis, but it's cool that Nakaya-san takes custom orders like that.

god that rader makes me jealous

How long is the handle? I've been thinking of getting a Heiji but the length of the ones that Jon carries with the burnt chestnut were 127mm I think. Seemed very short to me?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    That looks great Charles.
    Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Charles that Heiji is a beautify, that knife has definitely been added to my bucket list.
    thanks! Heiji is a amazing cutter, it give me the same "wow" feeling as first time I use my DT custom & Rader gyuto!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    The choil looks a good bit like my Shig, after I reworked it. I honestly don't think the Shig cuts as well as my regular Heijis, but it's cool that Nakaya-san takes custom orders like that.
    this Heiji has same geometry as regular Heiji but with refine shinogi line & thinner bevel/behind the edge! this grind will minimize wedge problem when cutting extra large/dry hard root vegetable & still retain great food release. totally different geometry compare to my shigs.......

@chefu, my heiji's handle is 140mm.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!