Page 166 of 355 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3541

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

I must of misunderstood Kaleab when we were chatting about this. It's prob no more then a 215 now judging by its comparison to my 210's.
    I also didn't know it was from the original run, if I'm understanding you correctly. I hadn't even heard of the ITK until last year when I joined KKF and it took me another couple months to figure out the history of it and what the acronym stood for!
    But I'll tell you what, that little puppy makes for the best dang line knife I've ever come across!
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    today I had a knife epiphany when my DT TIK AEBL 240 arrived. I'll give a little back story for perspective.

I've been seriously into knives and collecting them for about three years. Seems to coincide with finding this forum I'm a very productive and experimental home chef and in the quest to find the best cooking tools, knives naturally came into the picture. I’ve bought and sold maybe 50 quality knives, cut with many more, learned how to get scary sharp edges on the Edge Pro but have in the past year gained some confidence and competence in free hand--Again, thanks to the members on this forum. OK Back to the ITK.

I was lucky enough to get on Devin's last list and even though I really couldn't afford it, I couldn't let this chance get away. So I signed up and it arrived today.

First Impressions:
    It's a sizeable knife, Its 240 on the blade not 240 from handle to spine like my other Gyuto. that extra 1/2" plus at 52mm high at the heel, makes the knife seem huge. Its heavier than all my other knives by 50 grams too. (ITK ~230 grams)

You can see my modest collection that I love Laser style knives and Yusuke Sakai the most. My heaviest knife to date has been the Yusuke Sakai 240/210 Stainless special-thick spine customs its about 163grams, they're 2.8mm at the spine and have lovely tapers to the tip. Flat bellies and although the blade faces are asymmetric, there's some convexing with zero degree bevels.

After reading everything on the internet in searches on Devin Thomas DT ITK, I was thinking the blade profile was very close to my Yusuke's, the definitely are not. Devin's blade has less belly than the special order flat Yusuke. the ITK's bevel is also curves more gradual than the Yuke. But enough belly to be able to rock chop the knife when needed.

As you would have assumed the grind is wonderfully tapered in several different ways. the tip is thin thin without being flexible. I've only cut one onion but the steel feel harder, more dense than the Yusuke stainless.

I'm looking forward to making dinner with it tonight but so far this knife has really changed my view on what a great knife is.

Attachment 19793Attachment 19794Attachment 19797Attachment 19798
    That's a heck of a collection!
    I haven't bought a knife in probably six months; I've run out of room to store any more.

Thank Anti Chrysler, I very happy with it and think I'm about done with collecting for a while. The only other blade I'd like to add is a Carter someday. Oh who am I kidding, I'd also like to get something from Marko. His knives have such class and balance and the handles that he maes with the taper is exactly what I like.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Congrats to you proud new owners of the ITK's! Truly beautiful. Very jealous...
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Oh god. This thread. My bank balance.

Ealy stainless damascus parer 2.75 in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	19836
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Not a kitchen knife but definitely a solid all around performer.

Swamp Rat RatManDu!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Not a kitchen knife but definitely a solid all around performer.

Swamp Rat RatManDu!
    Funny we live so close and not only share interest in high end kitchen knives, but I also collect Busse knives.

Afraid I don't have one of those awesome DT knives to share, but just received a Takeda. Sorry if the pic is a bit unoriginal.

Nice nakiri!