Page 167 of 355 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3541

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

how long is that takeda on the edge?

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    how long is that takeda on the edge?
    It's the boring standard 165mm model. Some say they like longer, but I think it's almost perfect. I have another 165mm nakiri from another maker on the way and the two might need to duke it out.

Nice nakiri XooMG, it is also my favorite knife type and sometimes it is my line knife at work.

As to my previous post on my 210mm Harner's nakiri, here is an update with its new custom jacket on. It is purple wood with hammered copper inlays.

Quote Originally Posted by V1P View Post
    Nice nakiri XooMG, it is also my favorite knife type and sometimes it is my line knife at work.

As to my previous post on my 210mm Harner's nakiri, here is an update with its new custom jacket on. It is purple wood with hammered copper inlays.

You like colors I see...We need to see a pic with all of them together that would be cool TOO

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    I've only cut one onion but the steel feel harder, more dense than the Yusuke stainless.
    Would you care to elaborate more on this? I am not quite sure I understand what you are referring to.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Johnny, Its a hard thing to artictualate but the Devin seems to bounce off the board with more of a thump while the Yusukes don't seem to feel as dense. Could also be the the devin is a much heavier knife than my Yusukes. I will say that I've already managed a few hair line scratches in the Devin wiping the blade. UGH

Alternitively, I don't have any scratches on my Yukes and I've had them for years. can't figure that one out as Mr Devin told me that these knives were closer to 62 than 61.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I've never found blade hardness to be all that good of an indicator of how a particular knife will scratch or not scratch, in use. The finish, and what exactly is scratching it, are very important, though. For instance, it seems that leeks, and leek debris, always scratches my knives, no matter how well I clean the leeks.

Long time since I've had anything to post here. I bought Chuck's Blazen. They're not exactly trendy but they tick a lot of boxes of what I've been looking for and if I hadn't seen Chuck's I might have bought a new one. So far I like it, it's pretty hefty and reminds me of a stainless Watanabe, and the handle is nice. This knife has a huge amount of air miles on it by now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0915.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	19865

Found this sitting on my workbench when I got home last night...

Name:  100_0451.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  17.4 KBName:  100_0453.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  16.2 KB

270mm JCK Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan white #1 suji. As far as I can tell these blades are the exact same thing as Fujiwara's Nahiji line, but about half the price ($260 vs $480) and a nicer handle (octagonal w/buffalo horn vs D shaped w/plastic). I figured I'd better grab one before he sells out.

Be well,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by bkultra View Post
    Funny we live so close and not only share interest in high end kitchen knives, but I also collect Busse knives.
    This is my first Busse knife and I am very stoked, there are tons of amazing reviews on this knife!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater