Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 179
Page 179 of 332 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3315

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

now i just need to figure out how to post pics...

Thanks for all the comments guys!
    A couple more shots of this thing then.
    Not sure if these does it, but that's what I was able to do today in between other stuff

As to the measurements of it, it is 108mm*216mm with a total length of about 380mm.

For comparisons sake, the measurements of my Takeda:
    95mm*253mm*417mm

It's not shown here, but the Shigefusa is a tiny bit thinner than the Takeda all the way from the edge up to the spine.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Ok, I feel like I am slowly being drawn back into the dark side of cleaverton...must resist shig cleaver purchase and keepy head straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Birnando View Post
    Here's a couple shots of my new Shigefusa cleaver.
    I ordered this ages ago, basically to replace my Takeda.
    This one seems to suit me much better, so far I'm very happy with this purchase.
    As luck would have it, it was delivered to Maksim's at the very day we arrived for the gathering in Denmark.
    Good timing I'd say.
    Holy Shig what a hot cleaver man. Also the board; I love it.

How to you like the Belly on that shigi compared to the takeda's flatter profile???.....Review please!!

*Note - The Takeda shown above for comparison is a menkiribocho that's been tweaked. Takeda's chuckabocho is shorter in length, taller in height, and has more belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    *Note - The Takeda shown above for comparison is a menkiribocho that's been tweaked. Takeda's chuckabocho is shorter in length, taller in height, and has more belly.
    Indeed, you are quite right about it being a menkiri bocho.
    From the descriptions I've seen various places of Takeda's chucka bocho, it appears to me they are around half a cm less tall than this menkiri bocho though.
    I don't have one myself, but here's one of the places that speaks of them as about 89mn in height. http://zknives.com/knives/kitchen/kt...vervg210.shtml

No biggie, the main purpose of showing that Takeda with the Shigefusa was that it is the only other cleaver I have, and it seems to be a somewhat known entity around here.
    Thanks for pointing out the diffs on them though

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    How to you like the Belly on that shigi compared to the takeda's flatter profile???.....Review please!!
    Well, I find that it performs better than the Takeda on two aspects, one, it wedges less, and two, it has better food release.
    Although food release on a cleaver isn't all that much of an issue to me anyway.
    In addition it is much lighter and less "weight forwardy" that makes it better for me to use for more than just a quick chop or two.
    But as Mr Martell pointed out, they are really two different breeds of cleavers

Quote Originally Posted by Birnando View Post
    Indeed, you are quite right about it being a menkiri bocho.
    From the descriptions I've seen various places of Takeda's chucka bocho, it appears to me they are around half a cm less tall than this menkiri bocho though.
    I don't have one myself, but here's one of the places that speaks of them as about 89mn in height. http://zknives.com/knives/kitchen/kt...vervg210.shtml

No biggie, the main purpose of showing that Takeda with the Shigefusa was that it is the only other cleaver I have, and it seems to be a somewhat known entity around here.
    Thanks for pointing out the diffs on them though

Some sales sites show them at 90mm tall and one site says 108mm...go figure?

When I mentioned the height difference it was from personal experience handling the two types, the chukos just seem taller. No big deal though.