Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 197
Page 197 of 332 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 3319

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

My custom made Takeda AS Classic 200mm Nakiri was on the kitchen counter when I came home from work today

Couldn't be more happy:

Takeda Hamono 200mm Classic Nakiri (1 of 5).jpg by F/Stops, on Flickr

Takeda Hamono 200mm Classic Nakiri (2 of 5).jpg by F/Stops, on Flickr

Takeda Hamono 200mm Classic Nakiri (3 of 5).jpg by F/Stops, on Flickr

Takeda Hamono 200mm Classic Nakiri (4 of 5).jpg by F/Stops, on Flickr

Takeda Hamono 200mm Classic Nakiri (5 of 5).jpg by F/Stops, on Flickr

I haven't tried it yet because I prepared our dinner for today yesterday (pasta sauce is always better when eaten the second day). I'll make a Tamil Curry tomorow and give it a ride

For now: its a really light blade, balance-wise it's is near the heart symbol (blade heavy) and about 70~75 mm at the highest point. Spine thickness is about 3mm at the handle and 0.7 at the tip.
    I've decided to name this one 'The Blue Whale', as it is from Aogami Super and a whale-sized Nakiri.

One of the things I really like about buying used knives is that I don't feel bad about working on them first thing, even when they are already sharp and in good shape. I got the Gesshin Hide that I picked up from Chuck a couples hours ago, and since my employer gave me the day off due to the impending "snowpocalypse" set to hit this afternoon, I thinned it a bit and re-finished. I didn't go crazy on the finish, as I imagine I'll be thinning it again (today was to get a feel for the knife), and I certainly didn't put in the time or effort Jon did to get this, but I think it looks pretty okay. There is much more core/cladding contrast in person, even with no patina. Anyway, the knife is awesome! I thought the tip was a bit too high at first, but I quickly got used to it. This is the best feeling blue #2 on stones that I've used, and it gets oh so sharp. A really substantial knife, but it cuts great, at least how it is now. Will cut even better, when I have some more time, maybe next week (gonna try to match that coil pic Jon posted ). I think this is a keeper.

click to embiggen.

Did you remove the whole finish?!?!?! NOOOO haha that textured feeling was such a wonderful thing! I am glad you enjoy it. If you liked sharpening it and think the blue steel was great there wait until you start using it and get to see the edge retention! This knife is honestly one of my favorite steels that I have used and as some of you know, that is a TON of knives haha.

-Chuck

I couldn't help myself, I lightly put it to sandpaper with some water stone slurry. Had to make the knife mine! I just used it to cut up a bunch of root vegetables for a tonight's dinner, and the edge retention is definitely great. I'll be working on the geometry a bit, the Kagekiyos have spoiled me, but I can definitely tell this will stay on the rack. I've never used a Watanabe gyuto, but this is kind of how I imagine it would be, from pictures and descriptions. I might be totally off base, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I couldn't help myself, I lightly put it to sandpaper with some water stone slurry. Had to make the knife mine!
    Isn't it blood that makes a knife truly yours?

… been doing some rehandles lately and cut myself about 10 times in the process. Not sure about blades, but those handles are truly mine

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    My custom made Takeda AS Classic 200mm Nakiri was on the kitchen counter when I came home from work today

Couldn't be more happy:

I haven't tried it yet because I prepared our dinner for today yesterday (pasta sauce is always better when eaten the second day). I'll make a Tamil Curry tomorow and give it a ride

For now: its a really light blade, balance-wise it's is near the heart symbol (blade heavy) and about 70~75 mm at the highest point. Spine thickness is about 3mm at the handle and 0.7 at the tip.
    I've decided to name this one 'The Blue Whale', as it is from Aogami Super and a whale-sized Nakiri.
    Man, that was fast. You just ordered that a few weeks ago didn't you?

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Just got this Rader neck knife. Don't really need it but for under $100 I couldn't resist. By the way beautiful knife Lucretsia. I have a feeling his knives are really going to go up in price in the next year or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	20754
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Name:  IMG_1113.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  8.1 KBName:  IMG_1114.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  8.8 KBName:  IMG_1118.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  3.3 KBName:  IMG_1133.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  6.3 KB
    Gesshin Kagekiyo 240 Blue. Was looking for something different from my kato, and this is in the most stupendous way! Been alot of fun adjusting, the tip is freakin insane. Almost sliced my belly open flicking through cross cuts on onion! (well not quite, but it was effortless)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Just got this Rader neck knife. Don't really need it but for under $100 I couldn't resist. By the way beautiful knife Lucretsia. I have a feeling his knives are really going to go up in price in the next year or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	20754
    Beautiful! Did you guys all get the AEB-L? I remembered hearing he was gonna do 52100, as well.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post

Couldn't be more happy:

This is the one I want for Christmas.... Santa, now you know my wish..