Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 203
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 311 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3104

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Love the profile. Lets name it the 'potbelly pig' profile shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Bob Kramer 6in damascus custom with cocobolo handle I have had a few people tell me I'm crazy for this. The truth is I'm not crazy just an idiot.
    Meh... If it's not taking food out of you or your kids mouths have at it. It's not like you can spend it after you are gone so you might as well enjoy it now.

As soon as I heard that Bernando was getting s Shigefusa Chuka bocho from Maximo, I put an order to Max as well, and here's what it is ..

A black cousin of Bernando's. It's got some cloud that is not very loud and requires fine polishing to bring it out, but that's cool with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Birnando View Post
    Here's a couple shots of my new Shigefusa cleaver.
    I ordered this ages ago, basically to replace my Takeda.
    This one seems to suit me much better, so far I'm very happy with this purchase.
    As luck would have it, it was delivered to Maksim's at the very day we arrived for the gathering in Denmark.
    Good timing I'd say.

That is awesome. I didn't even know he made them.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    That is awesome. I didn't even know he made them.
    +1
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Oops, sorry Birnando, typo e <-> i .

At 380g and 215x110, this chuka is very light and easy to wield. Although, I wish the handle could be a bit bigger and the neck a touch shorter. It takes just a little bit of time to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    As soon as I heard that Bernando was getting s Shigefusa Chuka bocho from Maximo, I put an order to Max as well, and here's what it is ..

A black cousin of Bernando's. It's got some cloud that is not very loud and requires fine polishing to bring it out, but that's cool with me.

Very nice Chuka bocho.

But I was wondering whether Shigafusa Cleaver can take the same abuse (cutting chicken bones, ribs, etc.) like my cheapo Chinese one without causing chip or bent on the metal.

Quote Originally Posted by tagheuer View Post
    Very nice Chuka bocho.

But I was wondering whether Shigafusa Cleaver can take the same abuse (cutting chicken bones, ribs, etc.) like my cheapo Chinese one without causing chip or bent on the metal.
    There are thick meat cleavers that are intended for the type of abuse you describe and then there are thin slicing cleavers that are designed for vegetables. The are as thin or thinner than gyutos or sujis and are not for chopping bones. They will chip.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by tagheuer View Post
    Very nice Chuka bocho.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    There are thick meat cleavers that are intended for the type of abuse you describe and then there are thin slicing cleavers that are designed for vegetables. The are as thin or thinner than gyutos or sujis and are not for chopping bones. They will chip.
    What Johnny said. These Shig Chuka are stupid thin and won't take any abuse from hard objects, although mincing meat should be all good . Here's Birnando's shot of his Chuka thinness:

Chanop, are we going to see a side by side review with the Shig & Heiji?
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

+ Reply to Thread