Page 205 of 367 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3666

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

He showed me one of his boning knives a few months ago. They are awesome. Nice score.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    We gotta see more of this, John!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

^^ I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that by "see more of this" Don meant a little more then thumb print patina....

Lol! Is this like a jigsaw puzzle or something? Pls show the whole knife.

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    ^^ I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that by "see more of this" Don meant a little more then thumb print patina....
    I see, I like, I cut!

Mr. Huw, is there much flex in the blade? Very nice Harner's, I got one of his on the way too, will show off here when it's done.

I really like to have one of our vendor here make me a nice one with this blade shape. Used one for a while and really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    Got this from Butch today, it showed up just as I was starting my Shortrib prep, impecible timing
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I see, I like, I cut!

Unfortunately I came a little too late to that thread. On the look out for a new boning knife, and those Harner's looked like real winners. I'd be keen to hear some feedback on them.

Butch and I discussed boning knives as he was making these. We talked grind, stiffness, tip placement, etc. These ones have very little flex, with a hollow/flat...maybe quarter hollow grind (thin, sharp, stiff spine a la Forgecraft) and a tough and durable tip. It's pointy, but robust at the tip, because I hated blowing tips out when I was boning out loins, back in the day. They are damn nice knives.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

One of the many new recipients of an Ealy parer.

Beautiful parer and kick ass photography! Really brings out the figuring of thr handle.
    I see, I like, I cut!

Quote Originally Posted by V1P View Post
    Mr. Huw, is there much flex in the blade? Very nice Harner's, I got one of his on the way too, will show off here when it's done.

I really like to have one of our vendor here make me a nice one with this blade shape. Used one for a while and really liked it.

No flex in the blade, which is what I wanted, I had been using that same victorinox and a 25cm dexter filleting knife, and switching between the 2 depending on the task. This knife does the job of both, better then either. And the large handle is great for control.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono