Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 209
+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 314 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 3134

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

[QUOyoshiaki fujiwara (kato) 330mm yanagiba (on the bottom in the pic). huge. sharp. haven't had a chance to use it much, but as Maksim described it, "it's a beast!" I can see this becoming my favorite yanagi- epic!TE]
    . wow - that is the coolest yanagi ever. It doesn´t get any better. I´ve been eye-humping this since Maksim showed it the first time!!! Ok, I really like this knife... Congrats Please use it soon and make a good review with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I'm going to amass a group of ten other guys (brainsausage, NoChop, marc4pt0, and others) to carry out a foolproof plan to rob Chuck's vault that he has deep below his restaurant. Now...who else is on this team? I'm thinking Pensacola Tiger for the brains, Lucretia for the sex appeal, Pierre for the brawn....
    I'm ready...

Name:  old-wonder-woman_1434457i.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  16.9 KB
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Sponsors

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Thanks Johnny and Chuck for posting the pictures.

For future reference i do integrals in 52100 and damascus but not sanmai. Chuck the mosaic damascus gyoto that you have is not an integral. But the one I made for Gic is. And as stated above there have been two or three Dragons breath knives that are integral. A few others also but most of my integral production has been in straight 52100.

I have just finished first round of polishing my poor-man-kitaeji Shigefusa 150mm petty that arrived from Maximo a couple of weeks ago. It's quite a good substitute for the real thing.

ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    I'm ready...

Attachment 21092
    I see, I like, I cut!

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    I have just finished first round of polishing my poor-man-kitaeji Shigefusa 150mm petty that arrived from Maximo a couple of weeks ago. It's quite a good substitute for the real thing.

Nice work!
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Beautiful job! What did you use?
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Why do you say it's a poor mans kataeji? It looks nice!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    Why do you say it's a poor mans kataeji? It looks nice!
    this is Shigefusa kasumi with cloud pattern, not a real shig Kitaeji.... http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ighlight=cloud

@schanop, nice work!!
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Some Shigefusa kasumi knives have some crazy pattern. For some knives, it is as nice as real Shig kitaeji, but usually quite subtle.

@Lucretia This one was brought out by just series of stone mud and Ohira uchigomori finger stone; mud were from coarse Atagoyama, Hakka, and Ohira. I also had to do a bit of sharpening to get the core steel nice and shiny.

+ Reply to Thread